Original rhinoplasty procedure with an ear graft: won't this make a revision more complicated & less likely have a good result?

About 13 mos ago I had rhinoplasty to remove a large hump my bridge. The procedure included an ear graft . After all the swelling has gone down I have a lump near my right nostril from cartilage that bows out a bit & a lump on the left side where the bone needs to shaved down more. My profile is OK, no more hump on the bridge, but if you look at it from the front it looks crooked. My Dr. suggested he do a revision & assured me that it's no problem to fix, but I'm concerned about the results.

Irregularities after ear cartilage grafting are common

+1
I am sorry to hear about your problem. Ear cartilage is a great graft for rhinoplasty surgery, however it can be difficult to work with and it is very unforgiving if it is too big or not place perfectly. When we use ear cartilage we take extra care to shave it thin and precisely place it in the right place in the nose so it is not visible. Do not worry, if yours is needs to be removed or repositioned that is a fairly easy surgery. I hope this helps and good luck. Dr Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty candidate to remove the ear cartilage graft

+1
Without pictures,it is very difficult to give an opinion on what may or may not be required. In the majority of cases when a primary rhinoplasty  involves reduction of cartilage from the nasal hump, ear cartilage grafting is unnecessary, since nasal cartilage is used for grafting purposes. Revision rhinoplasty is always more difficult from a primary due to scar tissue and previous cartilage grafts