I Feel my Scar is WAY to High. It is Not Covered by my Underwear, Swimsuit or Jeans. Why Would It Have to Be This High? (photo)

Why is my TT scar high?

+1

Your scar does look a bit higher than the norm, but everyone is different.  It appears that you are early in the healing phase of your TT, so as swelling goes down and your skin relaxes a bit, it may lower a touch, but you will most likely need a scar revision procedure.  With that said, how much lower your scar may be after revisionary surgery, depends on how much excess skin you have to remove and only time will tell.  My guess (without photos) is that pre-operatively, you didn't have enough excess skin for the scar to be lower and you were opposed to a vertical scar?  Best person to ask would be your surgeon.  Aside from that, focus on healing and staying positive, keep in mind that there are many scar treatment options available.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Scar placement

+1

Your scar is somewhat high.  Some lowering could be possible in the future, but not to the degree that would be completely covered by the clothing you mention.  It would be best to see your surgeon and discuss this.  Perhaps a second opinion could help as well.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lowering of Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

Appreciable lowering of your tummy tuck scar in the future is not possible. Some small amount of lowering may be possible after one year from your surgery, but at best, that would be about an inch.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

A before photo might be helpful since I believe you did not have enough excess skin for a lower placed incision or the surgeon should have offered a lower incision with a mid line vertical component. 

High scar after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and picture.  Based on the view in your picture, it does appear that the scar is higher than a standard tummy tuck scar.  The best person to talk to about the position of the scar is your surgeon.  A revision may be possible in the future.  Good luck.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

I Feel my Scar is WAY to High. It is Not Covered by my Underwear, Swimsuit or Jeans. Why Would It Have to Be This High?

+1

This does look a bit high, but you look early in healing.  The scar can probably be lowered in the future after 6 months to a year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Too high

+1

Good afternoon!

I agree that your incision seems placed higher than a standard abdominoplasty incision.  After multiple months of healing a revision may be possible to lower your incision.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

I Feel my Scar is WAY to High.

+1

I agree that this scar is high. You would have to ask your surgeon for the reason. Best wishes.