Is 450cc Too Big for a Person 5'0? (photo)

After consulting with my dr. We decided on a 450cc high profile saline implant done through the belly button. I am 5'0" and 125lbs starting at a 34A. I don't mind a little bit of the fake look but do not want to be too disproportionate. Is this an appropriate size?

Is 450cc Too Big for a Person 5'0?

+2

450 cc saline HP implants may work well for you.  The Mentor HP products have a more narrow base diameter than Allergan, which may make a difference in your case.  If the implant fits your chest wall measurements you will be fine.  As far as overall size, you should make that decision based upon placing sizers in the office.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Is 450cc too big for you?

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Trans umbilical breast augmentation

+1

I think the size might be a little on the larger side for you but I don't think it will disproportionate. I do recommend a circumareolar or inframammary approach rather than the TUBA (trans umbilical breast augmentation). This will allow you to place a silicon implant rather than a saline one and also the retromuscular (under the muscle) position will likely be better for you as you look rather slim.  Best to you!

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Will 450 cc's fit on your 5' frame?

+1

I hope you had a chance to VISUALIZE what you are considering using approximately 400 cc sizers in your bra (I upsize to give you a result that looks like what you see with the sizer in your bra).  This way you can see what you will look like in your clothing and to better appreciate if it will fit on your body.  Anything other than that is a subjective judgement call.

Way too big and TUBA is bad choice

+1

Thanks for your question and photo. Given your measurements and looking at your photo, I think that size implant is way too large. Your base diameter can't be more than 12 or 12.5cm. I think somewhere around 350 in the Moderate Plus profile would be about as big as would fit on your chest. I don't like the HP because of the tendency to cause rib cage pressure and compression of the breast tissue. Finally, the TUBA is notorious for having problems. I don't ever place saline implants anymore. They don't look or feel as natural and have a higher rate of reoperation. Best of Luck with whatever you choose!

Don't do it!!

+1

450 mL high profile implants in your body may be doable but would likely produce a very large, "stripper" result. I also would not do saline implants since they have a very high risk of leak and rippling. The peri umbilical "TUBA” technique requires positioning the implants over the pectoralis muscle which is the worst of all possible situations as far as rippling and capsular contracture. Don't do it!! You will be sorry.
In my opinion, Silicone implants under the muscle produce the best results. The TUBA procedure is not recommended. I would seek a 2nd consultation with a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery and who is a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).
I would also make sure your surgeon has a large number of pre-and postoperative photographs that he/she can show you and has a list of satisfied patients who will talk to you about their results.

Web reference: http://www.squiresclinic.com/denver-photo-gallery/breast-augmentation

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Large volume breast augmentation

+1

450cc is a big augmentation for someone of your size. They would definitely look fake.  This may be the look you are after but you should consider the long-term results of such a large augmentation.  The skin will stretch / sag considerably and the large implants are more likely to migrate. Smaller implants will look better for longer.

I don't think that the belly button is the best approach.  It is hard to accurately position the implants.  I would recommend a periareolar or inframammary fold incision.

Good luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Is 450cc to Big?

+1

Everything is relative, but 450cc on you is a large implant, but something that could be done but not recommended, BUT I would NOT recommend a belly button approach (TUBA) because most doctors that perform this procedure place a saline implant above the muscle, a 450cc Saline implant above your muscle would be a BIG mistake, you would develope rippling and dostortion of the implant quite early and that is a tremendous weight to place on breast tissue alone, I would seek an aditional consultation from a BC PS.Good luck

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

What size breast implants?

+1

Without knowing the base width and elasticity of your skin envelope, it would be hard to answer your question.  I don't think the transumbilical approach would be good for you with such a large implant because the implant will sit too high and cause your nipples to point downward.  Also, the HP's (especially over 350cc) have a high incidence of causing rib indentations and bottoming out in the long run.  Stuffing an overly large implant into a limited breast pocket is a recipe for disaster that sometimes cannot be corrected. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.