I'm 34ddd How Many Grams Would I Need Removed to Be a 34b? (photo)

I'm 33yrs old, my height is 5'4, I weigh 135lbs. I have a small frame, My BMI is 23.2 normal, my body surface area is 1.6698 m2, Schnur scale says body surface area of 1.65 = 338grams removed, and 1.70 = 370grams removed. My breast are mostly made up of heavey, full glandular tissue. My Sternal notch to my nipple is 10in or 25.4cm. If we assume 200grms is a 34Acup per breast, then how many grams from my 34DDDcup could I have reduced to equal close to a 34Bcup? I want small healthy breast :)

Breast Reduction to Small Cup Size?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Despite best efforts, online consultants will not be able to, with any degree of accuracy, predict exactly how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goals.

Most important and this regard will be careful communication with your plastic surgeon. Specifically, beforeundergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve  enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B cup”  means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

I'm 34ddd How Many Grams Would I Need Removed to Be a 34b?

+2

Very interesting question, but almost impossible to answer without examining you.  Because your breast could be dense and heavy, or fatty and light.  The more dense your breasts are, the weight of the amount of tissue removed would be more.  In general reducing a DDD cup to a B cup would probably result in flat unattractive breasts, so I would say a C cup would be more suitable for you.  However, based on what I said earlier, the weight of what needs to be removed to get you down to a B cup would range significantly, probably anywhere from 700 to 1500 grams on each side.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Size after breast reduction

+2

Unfortunately, it is impossible to guess what size breasts will be after a reduction even after an in-person exam--let alone an on-line opinion from pictures. There are just too many variables including how much glandular tissue is present, where it is located in relation to the tissue being removed, etc. Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and be sure to discuss your goals with him or her. Just remember: what is left i smore important than what is removed. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+2

In my opinion between 600 to 1200 grams per side needs to be removed in order to obtain a b cup size. 

Cup size after a breast reduction

+2

You can estimate that 200 cc of breast volume equals one cup size. Looking at your breasts a 500 cc reduction would be appropriate.  This should get you to a Full B to C cup size.  Remember this is only an estimate and an examination is necessary.  There are many factors to consider when making technical decisions about a breast reduction.  

34ddd to 34b

+2

A breast reduction is certainly possible, but reducing to a B cup may not be possible without leaving a poor shape. Remember a cup size may not correlate to volume reduced.

+2

This is largely dependent upon tissue density of the breast and cannot be predicted.  I would recommend that you not go too small initially as all breasts deflate with age and with any additional weight loss.  It would be a bad outcome to reduce the breasts only to have to place an implant later.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How many grams to be a "B" cup?

+2

Glad to hear that you are considering a breast reduction.  Unfortunately, the question you are asking is very difficult on multiple levels.  First, cup sizes for bras aren't standard -- they vary based on the manufacturer of the bra, the way the bra is fitted, the style of the bra, the chest circumference, etc.  Because cup sizes are so variable, the exact number of grams per bra cup size cannot be accurately guaranteed.  Second, breast tissue varies in weight based on how much gland is present relative to fat.  I usually advise my patients that the goal of a reduction is to alleviate your symptoms related to having large breasts, but still have an aesthetic, proportionate breast mound with a viable nipple.  It is much better to base your satisfaction from surgery based on the breasts look and how you feel, not in trying to fit into a particular bra size.  I would suggest that you discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

How Many Grams Would I Need Removed to Be a 34b?

+2

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to that question and surgery is not designed to make a patient fit a specific bra. See an experienced surgeon and let him know your goals. Then be realistic when you go for surgery that you will have a much better and more comfortable proportion but it may not necessarily fit a 34B.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD