Getting Juvederm Dissolved After 5 Days?

I got Juviderm 5 days ago and I am very unhappy with the results. I think there was too much injected and I want to fix it before work on Monday. Is 5 days long enough to get it dissolved? Even if the swelling goes down more I don't want this in my lips. I am positive I want it gone.

+1

Give it at least 2 weeks to heal to see your final result before rushing into having Juvederm removed. After two weeks, your physician can inject hyaluronidase which will dissolve this product.

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm

+1

Juvederm can certainly be dissolved with a product called hyaluronidase. I wouldn't recommend it 5 days post injection because you might still have some swelling and bruising from your treatment. I would strongly suggest you wait a full 2 weeks, until you see the final results, before deciding if you really want to go ahead with the hyaluronidase treatment. Consult with your physician if you are 100% sure you want the product dissolved completely. 

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Dissolve Juvederm After 5 Days

+1

Yes, 5 days should be long enough to have hyaluronidase injected in order to dissolve the Juvederm. But within only 5 days of your treatment, there may still be swelling from the initial injections. I advise you to wait another week before deciding if you really want to go forward with the hyaluronidase. In any event, the swelling (from either the prior Juvederm injections or from future hyaluronidase injections) may take some time to go down.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting Juvederm quickly dissolved

+1

I would discourage you or any patient from dissolving a hyaluronic-acid based filler such as Juvederm or Restylane before 2 weeks is up as there is swelling, bruising, etc which makes judging the final result difficult until 2 weeks is up. Be patient - if after 2 weeks you're still unhappy, your physician can safely inject hyaluronidase to dissolve some or all of the filler that you don't like.  If you do it too early, you will have wasted your money on the filler which in most cases people are very happy with after 2 weeks. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Reversal for Juvederm Injections

+1

You can have the hyaluronidase injected which will dissolve the Juvederm, however sometimes there is additional swelling with the hyaluronidase because it is injected through your tissues. Swelling from filler injections can often take a couple of weeks to subside. Therefore, it can be difficult to determine if the issue is with the filler itself or the swelling. Good luck to you.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm excess volume and hyaluronidase

+1

I would say that you may be rushing it but if you don't want the product, have hyaluronidase injected so that the dissolution process starts. Next time, have a mirror in your hand and guide the provider and tell him/her to stop when you think you have achieved the look that you want.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm Lip Reversal

+1

Hi Lipservice.  The concern on the part of the injector would be that the swelling has not likely gone down fully and you are therefore not looking at the final result.  But, given that you are positive you do not want the product at all, then yes, the hyaluronidase can be used to remove it.  A word of caution that if it's swelling you are looking at, it might not look much better on Monday even though you do the reversal.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. Yes, you can have the juvaderm reversed, but I would wait a few weeks. Some of the filler will be resorbed on its own. Then you can make a better decision. Best wishes. Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Dissolving Juvederm after a few days

+1

Swelling and bruising in the lips can last for up to two weeks. As long as you are 100% comfortable with not looking like you had anything done at all, then you can have it removed with hyaluronidase. Remember that at this point your injector won't necessarily know what is Juvederm and what is swelling, so you may end up having to do several rounds of hyaluronidase to get it all right.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Dissolve juvederm

+1

Hi.  We would typically have our clients wait 10 days to 2 weeks before making any adjustments to our injectables.  You might find that this is still swelling from the procedure.  We would recommend that you stay very hydrated and ice the area to help with any residual swelling.  You can also take a supplement called Arnica to help with swelling.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon