Juvederm Bag Under Eye Since a Year?

Hello! I had juviderm injections done exactly one year a go under my eyes, the doctor made a very bad job and one of my lower lids has a bag since then. My question is if this will ever go away, it has been a year and it looks the exact same I have no interest in injecting something to dissolve it because i have reas very bad reviews about it and I dont want to take the risk to look worse than now Is it possible stays like that forever? Thank you so much for your time!

Juvederm Bags after One Year

+1

Juvederm bags after one year may be possible, and hyaluronidase is reasonable to dissolve this.  An alternative would be to wait until the product dissolves.

Bags under eyes 1 yr after Juvederm. Will this ever go away?

+1

You need to go to a qualified plastic surgeon to be evaluated properly.  It's impossible to know if you are dealing with product vs fluid or fat or loose skin without being seen. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm bag under the eye

+1

After one year, it is not abnormal for Juvederm to still be present under the eye. It can sometimes last up to two years in this area. Not to worry, the filler does not stay in the area forever. In general, side effects of filler under the eye may include:

1) Irregularities
2) Swelling
3) Lumps

It takes a specialist to perform this treatment, as the undereye area is very delicate. I generally prefer Restylane in the tear trough, as I have found the result is better. Hyaluronidase is a good option when the patient wishes to reduce the effects of filler. In the right hands, it is a safe treatment that can yield a great result. I would recommend doing your homework, and choosing an experienced physician who is comfortable with hyaluronidase if you wish to have the filler dissolved.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under the eyes

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing following treatment. It is possible for the Juvederm to last more than one year when injected in the tear trough. In general, hyaluronidase injections can work very well to dissolve the filler when they are performed properly by a skilled physician. If you do not want to have this performed, then the Juvederm will disappear over time, as it is temporary. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm bag under the eye

+1

Juvederm can last for several years when injected in the tear trough area below the eyes.  Dissolving it is the only way to have it resolve more quickly.  Please speak to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for reliable information about hyaluronidase to dissolve your Juvederm.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm under the eyes

+1

Sorry you are having trouble.  I have seen hyaluronic acid products last under the eyes up to 3 years.  It is so easy to remove it with hyaluronidase I don't know what you are reading that says that it is bad.  You need to speak to your doctor and discuss it with them.  Best of luck.  

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Juvederm bag under eye - how long will it last

+1

There is a possibility that it's not the Juvederm itself, but that the area around it has become affected and you have a lymphatic problem there, in which case dissolving it wouldn't be effective anyway. Since you are opposed to doing hyaluronidase injections to remove whatever Juvederm is there, your best and only bet will be time. Fillers under the eyes can last much longer than other areas of the face, so you could be looking at a year or so until you start to see improvements. But over time, yes, it will resolve on its own.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm bags under eyes

+1

Juvederm is relatively well known to cause this issue. Thankfully, the product is easily reversible with hyaluronidase injection. As you do not wish to consider that remedy, time will also work, but it may take 1-5 years depending on how "overcorrected" you are.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under eye.

+1

If you do not want to have anything else injected into the area then you will have to live with it.  Injections with hyaluronidase will only work if the lump is juvederm.

Unhappy with juvederm under eyes

+1

Typically, hyaluronic acid fillers under the eyes give excellent results.  As board certified dermatologists, we like to inject deep into the medial, suborbicular and lateral fat pads.   

Hyaluronic acid filler under the eyes can last a very long time since there is usually not a lot of movement there.  I have seen hyaluronic acid fillers under the eyes last years!!

So, if you are unhappy with the results and do not want to wait, re-consider hyaluronidase which is actually very safe.  If you are concerned ask your practitioner to do a test area of hyaluronidase first and evaluate for a possible allergy.

I always recommend a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment recommendations.

Cynthia Golomb, MD
Miami Dermatologist