I Had Juviderm This Afternoon and the Swelling Went Down Pretty Good to Begin with and Now I've Noticed They R More Swollen?

They were going down nicely and now they look like they did right after I had them done! Is this normal?

Swelling after Juvederm

+2

Swelling is normal after having Juvederm, you will notice mornings is when the swelling is at its worst. Be patient and give it two full week to heal to see your final result. 

Swelling may wax and wane after Juvederm injection

+1

It is very common for swelling to initially subside, then return, after surgery or injections. Expect the worst to be over within a couple days with Juvederm injection.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Normal

+1

It is normal to have swelling the day of the procedure and even for a couple days following.  Be patient and if you are still concerned after a week, talk with your provider.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Swelling following treatment with Juvederm

+1

Swelling is normal after treatment with filler, and this will subside over time. The swelling resolves in 1-2 weeks, and it can take up to 2 weeks to see the final result. I would recommend giving it some time, and contacting your provider with any concerns. I hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swollen from Juvederm

+1

Swelling and bruising should be expected after fillers. Remember 1. injections are being done and 2. volume is being added. Both of these can lead to swelling and bruising. Continue to ice, take Arnica or apply Arnica gel if you wish, and stay away from Advil or Aleve for a few days. Juvederm swells a bit more than other HA fillers because it attracts more water to itself right away. It will subside with time. Also, keep your hands away from the area and don't press on it.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm and swelling

+1

The juvederm attracts water and therefore will swell for a few days after placement. This is normal.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm today?

+1

Swelling can occur because of trauma, but the product is a humectant so it will take on water and swell too. Swelling is pretty normal in the first 23-48 hrs. Then It begins to settle but may take a week or more to be completely gone.  Be patient, You can use a cold compress to minimize swelling now.  You may also want to sleep with an extra pillow to elevate your head overnight.  That may also help prevent some swelling.

Sam Naficy, MD

Swelling after Juvaderm

+1

Juvaderm is a hyaluronic acid filler, and absorbs water initially after injection.  The height of swelling is usually around 48 hours after injection, so swelling this evening after injection this afternoon is normal.  you will likely be pretty swollen tomorrow as well.  Depending upon which areas you had injected, it can take 10 days to 2 weeks to see your final results.

Dara Liotta, MD