I Had Juverderm on Lip Line; Doc Said the Best Thing to Sort It out for Good Was to Have Juvederm? (photo)

hello i had juvederm to fill a deep line below bottom lip & the corners of my mouth which didnt last more than a couple of weeks the doctor said i need my cheeks filled with juvederm to correct the problem but spending over £2000 on this if it didnt last on lip area is daunting please advise as to what you think is best. thankyou p.s had a face lift 2.5 yrs ago but have now lost weight

Juvederm didn't do much What now?

+1

Juvederm is a great product for a little volume and to soften a few lines but a 1 ml syringe isn't very much product. Keep in mind It would take 5 syringes to fill a teaspoon.  So the issue is whether you got enough in the right places to make a noticeable difference?  Often it's a combination approach that may include something surgical to be cost effective. 

Fillers do not treat excess skin.

+1

Fillers help restore volume to the face but as you have found out often the cost is toouch for what you get.  See an experienced plastic surgeon to have a proper evaluation of your face. 

Fillers

+1

Fillers are over used and that is why some people are unhappy by the results. In the lips juvederm will not last long.

from the picture posted, though limited, you may need a face lift and fat transfer.

Volume Restoration

+1

I think most of what you are unhappy with in the picture is related to volume loss.  The best to treat this would be Sculptra or a fat transfer.  I think you need a consulation with an experienced Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon that has expertise with this so that you are advised correctly.

Lisa Kates, MD
Annapolis Dermatologist