juvederm lip filler. My lips are uneven (3 weeks post op). Should I be worried?

hi, I had jerverderme, lip filler, 3 weeks ago, the left hand side lip has a lump under inside my lip which is sore, and if I pout, my right had side only pouts out, is it some thing to worri about, as I doint trust the person who did it, also they look a bit uneven

Uneven Lips

+1
Swelling from juvederm generally lasts 2 weeks . One option would be to have hyaluronidase injected into the lump to dissolve the product. I would suggest that you book a follow up with your injector and discuss your concerns and options. 

Juvederm lip filler. My lips are uneven (3 weeks post op). Should I be worried?

+1
Swelling from Juvederm can last 2-3 weeks, I suggest scheduling a follow-up consult with your provider 

Uneven lips

+1
You have several options.
  1. you can remove all of the filler using hyaluronidase and start over with your doctor or another physician.
  2. you could have additional filler to create the symmetry you are looking for.
  3. you could wait knowing that with time the filler will naturally go away.
In any case be certain that your injector is board certified and has experience injecting the lips.  

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
I would recommend following up with your provider. After 3 weeks, the swelling is generally resolved. If necessary, he or she may use hyaluronidase to dissolve any excess Juvederm that is present. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Uneven lips after filler

+1
Since it's been 3 weeks after filler, I would suggest going back to your provider or different provider for further evaluation. At this point, your provider may use hyaluronidase if needed to dissolve some of the product. Good Luck. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Uneven lips 3 weeks after Juvederm injection will not correct on its own

+1
Since you stated you don't have confidence in your provider, I would go to another provider and have the problem fixed.  Hyaluronidase will dissolve the filler if needed and I have a blog about it's use.  You just might need more filler to even out the problem.  Can't say exactly without pictures.  I would use cannulas for lip augmentation in future as well.  Steve Weiner, MD Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvderm and uneven lips

+1
If by three weeks your lips are uneven, then perhaps you shoudl discuss this with yoru injector.  I would look at your pre-treatment photos as well, because you may have had asymmetry before the inejction ( most people do).

Uneven Juvederm to Lips

+1

Your uneven result may be from underlying asymmetry of your lip, but is more likely due to technical issues. That includes filling the sides unevenly, and placing too much Alloderm in one spot, causing tenderness. These can be improved by a second treatment by an expert injector. In the worst case scenario, hyaloronidase can be used to dissolve the product. I am curious why you you would have injection treatments by someone you didn't trust.

I can't stress enough how important it is to have your injectable treatments performed by an expert injector. Board certified plastic surgeons are trained to appreciate your facial aesthetics and anatomy, understand how to choose the appropriate products for you, understand injection techniques and pitfalls, and are competent in treating complications.
There are times when non- invasive treatments are effective, and times when surgery is the best answer. Your plastic surgeon is generally the individual best qualified to answer this question.

Karen Vaniver, MD