I had Juverderm Voluma in cheeks and temples. 2 days later no different than before I had it done ?

I had 3 vials of juverderm voluma im 26 slimish face I had 1 + on each side going from hairline across the cheek bone slightly into the apples of cheeks.The rest in my temples. two days later i look exactly the same as before i the procedure. the temples are still raised but are going down and i suspect it is all swelling Have i been duped? can i ask for them to fix this or get a refund ? they told me it would be noticable i told/showed them i wanted prominant cheeks

Voluma results

+1
It would be unusual if not impossible to see no results from Voluma injection.
I would discuss this with your surgeon and I would suggest discussing with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise in Voluma.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Results

+1
I agree, the three syringes are still there.  The two most likely possibilities are that either your injector tried to correct multiple areas so that each individual area is under-corrected.  A second possibility is that you have gotten used to the way you look with the three syringes and a bit of swelling.  Now that the swelling is resolving you not able to appreciate the improvement because you are used to looking a bit bigger.  Reviewing your before and after photos will help.  Go and speak with your injector.  Review your before and afters. A good injector will listen to your concerns and review your options going forward.  The video on the web link addresses some of these questions as well.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results from Juvederm Voluma

+1
I have a hard time understanding how 3 syringes of Juvederm Voluma could have no results in a 26 year old. Yes, some people do require more than others, but I have yet to use 3 syringes on anyone in one sitting. If you don't have the results you were expecting I would suggest you return to your injector to discuss it. No, you cannot expect a refund necessarily, as the injector used product on you that they can't get back, but you can have a discussion about the volume you wanted and expected, and go from there as to what steps can happen.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

3 syringes of Voluma with no change?

+1
Thanks for your question.  If you had 3 syringes of Juvederm Voluma placed 2 days ago and notice no difference I would be surprised- especially since you're only 26.  That being said, some people need a lot of correction to get their cheekbones to the shape and size they desire, so 3 syringes may not have been enough.  Also, sometimes the difference after getting fillers is very subtle and will only be noticed when you really look at old photos of yourself or the "before" photos that the clinic took of you. 
I would recommend that you go back to your clinic to discuss your results.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Voluma in cheeks and temples but no difference after 2 days

+1
The Voluma that was injected would not have gone away by 2 days after it was injected.  There can be some swelling after the treatment, and this normally resolves within a few days.  If you are not satisfied with your result, the most likely solution is to add more Voluma to create more volume.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon