I Had Juvederm Injected About 10 Days Ago. How Long Before the Bump Go Down?

I Had Juvederm Injected About 10 days Ago. How Long Before the Bump Go Down

After Juvederm, How long before the Bump goes down?

+1

It would be helpful if you posted some photos or gave a better description of the bump or area treated.  Without seeing you it's hard to determine what you are experiencing. If the bump is Juvederm it can be massaged or pressed. If that doesn't make the bump go down it can be injected with hyaluronidase to break it down. Either way it's probably best to return to your provider to discuss the options.

Have this seen

+1

This bump may represent a bruise or too much juvaderm in 1 area. Have your doctor evaluate the area. Since both can be helped bruising with lasers and juvederm with massage and hylauranidase

Saida Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm bump

+1

It is possible that this bump is the juvederm itself but equally possible that it is a bruise or hematoma. A bruise will fell tender and may be purple. If it feels like a bruise, I would give it up to two weeks before going back to the doctor. If it does not, I would go back and have it evaluated as if it is a "bump" that you do not want, it can be dissolved.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Bump from Juvederm

+1

I ask patients to wait a minimum of 7 days before assessing Juvederm or other fillers, as that's about how long it can take for most bruising and swelling to subside. At this point I'd say you should return to your injector to have your bump evaluated - it still could be a bit of swelling, or it might be a bit too much product there.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Bump From Juvederm Injected 10 Days Ago

+1

The bump you are having may either be from a bruise related to the procedure or the actual Juvederm itself.  If it is from a bruise, that should resolve by about 2 weeks after your treatment.  If it is from the Juvederm, it probably will not go away until the product itself is reabsorbed by your body in 3-6 months.  If it is truly bothersome, please return to your injector to be evaluated. The Juvederm bump can be dissolved by injecting a small amount of Hyaluronidase directly into the area.  For the majority of people this works quite well.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist