Juverderm Filler. Will my lips soften?

I had my lips done 36 hours ago and there is no swelling however my lips feel sore and i cant move them too much , they seem hard. is it normal for them to be quite hard ? Will they soften up or what do i need to put on them to soften them up so i can move my mouth like before?

What to expect after lip augmentation with Juvederm

+1
Juvederm is a clear gel, and for several days (up to 2 weeks) after injection it can be felt, especially in the lips.  When injected evenly, it will not be visible, but it may be palpable.  Within 2 weeks the gel will become softer and smoother as it incorporates into the lip.  At that time you could follow up with your provider if any adjustments need to be made.    

Juvederm Filler. Will my lips soften?

+1
It is not unusual for the lips to feel rigid or unusual immediately after Juvederm filler treatment. This should improve with 3 days or so following injection. If it persists, consult with your physician injector to ensure everything is healing properly. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon