Juvedrrm Can Add to Radiesse?

I had a Radiesse last mouth around my mouth ,but it looks not enough and i need to add to it again this month ...can I have juvederm this time or i should do the Radiance again .

Juvederm over Radiesse...

+3

You can absolutely layer Juvederm over Radiesse.  There should not be any problems...

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Juvederm after Radiesse

+3

Following a treatment with Radiesse, there should be no problem achieving more correction with Juvederm. Sometimes they are 'layered,' with Juvederm being injected more superficially. Ask your physician who treated you to see if they would recommend switching to Juvederm, rather than adding more Radiesse.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple fillers safe and effective

+3

Juvederm is both safe for use with Radiesse and an effective addition.  In some situations, use of both in certain areas is used specifically to achieve the proper result.  Radiesse is a firmer more robust volumizer, while Juvederm adds a more supple and versatile component.  Just be aware that the the products will generally lose their effectiveness at different rates-- with Radiesse generally lasting a longer.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Use of Juvederm along with Radiesse

+3

It is possible to add Juvederm to an area that previously had an injection of Radiesse.  In most cases, Radiesse is injected somewhat deeper below the skin than Juvederm, and thus, the Juvederm can be layered on top of the Radiesse.  The effects of the two combined can be additive and can give a better overall result.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Layering fillers

+3

Fillers are often layered in the same or different treatment sessions. Radiesse is often injected deeply. Juvederm is often injected more superficially.  

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Layering fillers can be an effective strategy

+2

Using different fillers individually or in layers to achieve optimal results in facial volume restoration is a safe and effective technique.  Both Radiesse and Juvederm are effective in areas around the mouth in my experience.  Which filler should be selected depends on the problem and desired outcome.  Working with an experienced physician injector will give you the best chance of meeting your desired outcome.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining fillers

+2
The more important question is why the Radiesse wasn't enough. Dosage is important and, if you had an insufficient amount of filler, then you will need more and there really is no reason to switch to another product. If your condition is such that surgery is required, then more filler will not do the trick. That said, you can layer different fillers. It is also important to see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for treatment and also to insure that you are getting FDA approved product.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Combining Different Fillers is Safe

+2

Great question.  Very often we combine or layer different fillers and it is safe and effective. Different fillers are good for different types of aging or volume loss and as such, we often use different fillers at the same or different times into one area on a patient. Any experienced filler injector knows how to this safely and effectively. It is important you go to a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon comfortable and experienced in using many different types of fillers. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Using different fillers is perfectly safe

+2

Combining, or layering fillers, even different types of fillers, is safe. There are many times where people have very deep areas that I am filling where I will put a syringe of Radiesse down deep, and a softer HA filler like Juvederm or Restylane on top of it. You should consult with your physician injector about which choice will be right for you and your needs. But it's find to combine or layer the two different fillers.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Layering Juvederm on Radiesse Around Mouth

+1

Layering Juvederm on top of Radiesse around the mouth is a reasonable idea.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles