Juvederm Yearly?

After a Juvederm treatment, how long can I go before I need a touch up? Will I need a touch up annually?

Juvederm yearly

+1

Most individuals are very pleased with their Juvederm results and want to maintain the look.  You may require a touch-up 6 months after your initial treatment and then yearly to maintain the results.  Usually, not as much Juvederm is required as in the initial treatment because you are building on your Juvederm base.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Touchups

+1

Patients return for touch ups at different depending on patient preference and the area where the juvederm was injected. Typically, it is every 6 to 9 months.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm touch-up treatments

+1

The visible results of Juvederm vary slightly from patient to patient. Initially you will need to get treatments more often (about every 6-9 months), but after you have been having the Juvederm injections for a while the results may last longer (up to a year). It is a good idea to have your Juvederm touched up before it completely dissolves.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Yes, most likely at least yearly

+1

In most areas, Juvederm lasts 6-8 months with an initial injection. If the filler is "stacked", i.e. one treatment is done and then another syringe is injected about 3-4 months later, the duration can actually increase to about 12-18 months. So, yes, I would say you will need another syringe at least annually.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

The duration of cosmetic benefit with Juvéderm® is often about a year

+1

The duration of cosmetic benefit with Juvéderm® is often about a year, when my patients come back and are compared with their pre-treatment photos

BUT

the duration of cosmetic benefit depends on a number of variables:

repeat treatments in the same area often last longer, both because Juvédern® stimulates the production of new collagen, and because the repeat treatment is often added to residual Juvéderm® from previous treatment(s).

Highly mobile areas like the lips can wear off faster.

There is some individual variation [for example, smokers and others with high levels of free radicals in their skin may wear off faster, because free radicals play a large role in degrading hyaluronic acid]. There is likely to be some variability in the natural levels of hyaluronidase which individuals make.

The amount of Juvédern® injected also matters: larger amounts tend [as you would expect] to last longer.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon