I Had Juvederm a Year Back. Now I Have Pillow Like Bags on the Left Cheek. Cheek Seems Falling?

Two years post injection

+1

At this point, I would recommend a fresh consult. The product is likely no longer present. Without a picture, it's difficult to tell if its scar tissue, normal dermal atrophy, or something else. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be more than happy to see you. Best of luck!

Juvederm 1 yr ago with left cheek issue

+1

It's difficult to say what exactly you are experiencing without a picture. It could be granuloma as a result of the filler or possibly natural dermal atrophy in an asymmetric presentation. I would recommend a consult with a physician experienced in facial aesthetics. Best of luck.

Swelling 1 year after Juvederm

+1

Thank you for asking about the late effects of your Juvederm injection.

1. This can happen with any filler, including Juvederm and Restylane.
  2. Most often it is a 'foreign body granuloma', a body antibody reaction to foreign material. There are other rarer causes of filler granulomas.
  3. They can last for years. After 1 year, I recommend biopsy with culture and lab examination of enlarging filler granulomas that do not respond to very low dose steroid injections. Refer your doctor to Edwards and Fantasia, Clinical Interventions in Aging, December 2007, Vol 2, page 509. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Juvederm is not the ideal choice for filler under the eye..prolonged swelling is possible

+1

There are several patients on RealSelf that have similar complaints/problems with Juvederm when used for tear troughs.  It is a very hydrophilic product (loves to absorb water) which leads to the edema around the eye.  It can be dissolved with hyaluronidase, but it sometimes won't make the problem go away immediately.  It will get better!  My choice for filler is Restylane using BLUNT CANNULAS around the eye.  Less risk, less swelling, less bruising.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD