Juvederm Gone Wrong - Upper Lip is Too Big

my doctor made my upper lip two time bigger than my lower lip and i honestly look like a freak! what can i do to make lips smaller??

Lips and fillers

+1

Yes, sometimes when filler sare overdone they can make things look unusual. You can certainly ahve the product dissolved if you are unhappy.

Undoing Juvederm

+1

I recently had a patient with enormous lips (filler injected at a medispa) who had been miserable for months.  The "injector" at the spa told her she had to wait for it to go away, up to a year.  Imagine her delight when we were able to normalize her lip with  simple hyaluronidase injections.  I have since treated her lips with Juvederm and she is happy.  You will be too, find a qualified physician to evaluate you.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Overcorrection for the upper lip with Juvederm

+1
If you are unhappy and its been a couple of weeks since the treatment, your doctor can inject hyaluronidase to thin the big upper lip. If however, it's been onluy a day, you may be having a temporary but exagerated reaction which can be treated by prescription doses of corticosteroids. Your doctor should see you to evaluate what should and can be done.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Disporportioned Lips Following Juvederm Injections

+1

Hi Lauraa,

The ratio of the upper to lower lip should be about 1 to 1.68 (Phi ratio of beauty).  Hyaluronidase can be injected in the area of excess Juvederm to dissolve the material and bring your proportions back toward normal.  If you still trust your injecting physician return for the injections, if not, choose another experienced physician injector most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD