How Juvederm Works For Lip Augmentation? (photo)

how lip filler works ,what are the side effects of these filler.

Lip Augmentation.

+1
Thank you for your question. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid, which is skillfully injected into the lips to create the desire look. Ensure you choose an expert injector to perform the augmentation. 

Juvederm adds volume to the lip

+1

Juvederm works by adding hyaluronic acid to the lips. This effect can be sustained for 9-12 months. My colleagues have mentioned the most common risks. The other risk is choosing an inexperienced injector who can overfill or incorrectly fill the lips creating an unusual appearance. This can be reversed with hyaluronidase but it's alot safer to choose an experienced injector to minimize the risk of needing to "reverse" the filler treatment due to a poor result.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm is a gel based filler which creates volume.

+1

Juvederm is a gel based substance which creates volume as well as hydration in the area where it is injected. Common side effects are swelling, pain and bruising but these all should subside and can be relieved by using ice as a post treatment.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How does Juvederm work?

+1

In general, Juvederm adds volume to areas that have naturally lost hyaluronic acid and collagen caused by aging and environmental stressors. It is a fantastic filler for the lips, as it is very soft and yields a great looking and natural result. Potential side effects may include bruising, swelling, and mild pain associated with the injections. A skilled injector who uses a meticulous technique can help minimize the occurrence of associated side effects. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified and experienced dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon when looking to have the lips augmented with filler. Each is a great choice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD