Juvederm Voluma for Lower Cheeks?

Hi! I'm considering getting Juvederm Voluma for lower cheeks. Is this a good option for that area or could you please recommend me something else? Thank you very much!

Juvederm Voluma for Lower Cheeks

+1

Although Juvederm will work for cheek augmentation I feel that Radiesse works much better and gives a very pleasing result.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma is not available in the US

+1

Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are approved for use in the US, but Jevederm Voluma is not. Juvederm Voluma is much thicker than Ultra and Ultra Plus and is injected deeper in the skin with a larger needle. You will get increased facial volume with any of the fillers that are available where you live- Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, or Sculptra. The best filler for you really depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve- for example recontouring the jawline, "reinflating" a thin face, or filling in grooves/wrinkles.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for the Cheeks

+1

Hi Raluca,

Juvederm is an excellent filler for adding cheek volume.  Without seeing a photo or examining you, it is difficult to absolutely tell you what would be best for you, but certainly Juvederm is a good choice.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Using Juvederm for lower facial volume

+1

Juvederm Voluma is not yet approved in the U.S. but other filler products that perform similarly are.

As a hyaluronic acid, Juvederm (Ultra and Ultra Plus) has some limited longevity and for a larger volume area may not be the first choice. For lower cheeks, I may well choose a volume stimulator like Sculptra -- or if the area is defined, such as the prejowl area, a long lasting filler such as Radiesse is often a good choice. Radiesse tends to last longer than Juvederm and Sculptra even longer.

Radiesse will usually be a one time injection and the results are instant. Sculptra is used generally in at least 2 and often 3 sessions as the process of collagen stimulation occurs over a number of months. The choice will be based on

• The specific location of the volume/filler need
  • Balance of cost to longevity
  • The amount of product required
  • Patient choice

In the UK and Europe, there are more product versions than we have here. Our FDA process takes considerable time so we often have to "wait" for various fillers that may have been in use elsewhere for a number of years.

But, the primary focus of the FDA in on safety, so sometimes the wait is well worth it!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon