I Had Juvederm Voluma Injected in my Cheeks Around 7 Weeks Ago. Unfortunately It Has Only Lasted a Week?

What do I do next? The volume only lasted for around a week. After four weeks my top lip began to swell. This lasted several days. The nurse who did the juvederm is adamant that it is not the juvederm that had moved and that my body had reabsorbed it and i have been left with ridges under my eyes and a hollow in one cheek. I went back a week later and she says that i have had a reaction ridgto the lidocaine? However it is now a further three weeks later and my lip has swollen again.

Juvederm didn't last

+1

HA fillers cannot last only a week, period. It's not possible for any human body to metabolize any filler in that timeframe. If the volume you had right after injection was what you liked, then you simply needed more Juvederm Voluma (which is not allowed yet in the U.S.) injected. Regarding the swelling on and off, you might want to be checked for an infection like Cellulitis. That can lead to inflammation and swelling on and off.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

+1

HA's don't dissolve that quickly, so the Voluma didn't dissolve in a week.  You might ask the nurse for a referral to a Dermatologist toi test you for an allergy to the Voluma and Liodocaine which seems less likely.