Voluma for Brows, Smile Lines and Cheeks?

After helpful advice on here i booked a consultation and was told i was to young for fillers and was advised to have epionce peels. i liked them but they didn't help with what i wanted as i am sure it is loss of volume. Would fillers help? I feel i have lost volume between and above the brows causing my eyelids to droop slightly and also from my cheeks giving me hollows under my eyes and also lines beside my mouth. I am just looking for some advice before i go to another consultation. Thanks

Voluma is not for the brow area

I have used Voluma for years here in Canada and the area between your eyebrows is not an area for Voluma injections.  It is much too thick.  Voluma has just been approved for usage in the US but it will probably be a while until it is available.  Do not have it injected between your brows.  You can have a thin product such as Belotero injected there, but make sure you consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this area.  Voluma would be an appropriate product for your cheeks when available and for now, Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane could be used for your cheeks and the lines beside your mouth.  An experienced injector of Botox and filler should be able to help you.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Voluma

First, Juvederm Voluma isn't available for use in the U.S. yet. Probably later this year. It is being studied for central facial volume loss in the cheeks. Because it will be a larger molecule size, it would not be a great idea to put it in the forehead, or even into the NLF lines, unless you have very significant loss there, which you don't.

Juvederm for forehead?

Hi Tory.  It's not very common to use dermal filler in the forehead.  In some cases, we will use it to correct very deep creases in the area between the eyes, but almost never in the forehead. 

As for the cheeks, you are a great candidate.  Both for the groove at your upper cheek and for the nasolabial folds (laugh lines).  2-3 CC's would probably do the trick. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Injectables for people in their twenties and thirties

I think you would be a very good candidate for injectables.  

I really enjoy working with younger faces, such as yours, where a little volume will go a long way to restoring a more rested and youthful look.  In someone like yourself, I would recommend:

1) neurotoxin (botox or dysport) to the area between your brows to help with the "11" lines and the slight bulging you have on your medial eyebrows
2) neurotoxin to the lateral brow to lift the eyebrows
3) filler (eg voluma or restylane lyft) to lift the cheeks and soften the nasolabial folds
4) filler (eg juvederm ultra or restylane) into the tear trough
5) filler (eg restylane) to the area that supports the corner of our lower lip

The above techniques would not change the way you look, but would only soften/reverse some of the early signs of aging.  Finally, your lips are also on the thinner side, so you could consider lip augmentation as well.  

Voluma For Cheeks

Voluma is a great, long-lasting filler that is used at the cheeks for volume and lift. It can add volume to the cheeks, and therefore, provide a more youthful appearance. It can also help lift areas (via injecting at the cheeks) so that nasolabial folds and marionette lines are softened indirectly. The lines by your mouth can also be filled directly with fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. Botox or Dysport would be more appropriate for the area in between the brows to give the brows a slight lift by relaxing the muscles in that area. A consultation can definitely help provide you with more details regarding your concerns. Hope this was helpful.

Voluma for Brows, Smile Lines and Cheeks

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Examining your pictures, I would recommend a combination of a muscle paralytic like Botox with a filler treatment such as Voluma for your cheeks.  The Botox would be helpful in the area between your eyes to smooth the wrinkles, while an injection in your lateral brow will help create a chemical brow lift.  Voluma is too large of a filler to place in the forehead, brow, or between the eyes.  Its current indication is for the midface/cheek region to restore lost volume and aid in lifting the surrounding tissues.  For similar reasons as the forehead and brow, I would not recommend Voluma into the laugh lines around the mouth.  When placed appropriately, Voluma injected into the cheek will improve the appearance of the hollow under your eyes and the lines beside your mouth.  Hope this helps.

Injectables and facial aging.

You can definitely use injectable fillers to help you with your concerns.  If you have not used Botox or Dysport before, then these can be used to lift the brows.  You can also do this using fillers.  You can also use fillers to soften the shadows underneath your eyes and extending towards the cheeks.  I would seek a physician who has a great deal of experience to help you achieve your goals.

Voluma for Midface Lifting is perfect!

Voluma is a fabulous injection for the mid face to restore volume and rejuvenate the face.  From your photos it would seem that you are an excellent candidate for this type of injections.  I have been injecting patients for over 20 years and this is the best mid face filler for an immediate restoration that I have ever used.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with cosmetics and facial injections.

Voluma for brows, cheeks and smile lines?

Dear Tory,
Thanks for the question and photos. Voluma, while an excellent filler, is not for use in the forehead or for the lines around your mouth. It is now FDA approved in the US for cheek volumization  and does the best job of the available fillers for shaping and lifting when used in those areas. For eyebrow lift, artistic use of Botox can achieve some amount of eyebrow lift to brighten your eyes.
As you seek advice and treatment, be sure that you consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist (or two), or a certified injector under their direct supervision. In general, it is far better to choose your injector than the filler. An experienced injector chooses filler the way an artist chooses a brush. Each filler or neurotoxin has a specific effect and is used accordingly. I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon