Voluma for Brows, Smile Lines and Cheeks?

After helpful advice on here i booked a consultation and was told i was to young for fillers and was advised to have epionce peels. i liked them but they didn't help with what i wanted as i am sure it is loss of volume. Would fillers help? I feel i have lost volume between and above the brows causing my eyelids to droop slightly and also from my cheeks giving me hollows under my eyes and also lines beside my mouth. I am just looking for some advice before i go to another consultation. Thanks

Voluma is not for the brow area

+2

I have used Voluma for years here in Canada and the area between your eyebrows is not an area for Voluma injections.  It is much too thick.  Voluma has just been approved for usage in the US but it will probably be a while until it is available.  Do not have it injected between your brows.  You can have a thin product such as Belotero injected there, but make sure you consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this area.  Voluma would be an appropriate product for your cheeks when available and for now, Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane could be used for your cheeks and the lines beside your mouth.  An experienced injector of Botox and filler should be able to help you.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Voluma

+2

First, Juvederm Voluma isn't available for use in the U.S. yet. Probably later this year. It is being studied for central facial volume loss in the cheeks. Because it will be a larger molecule size, it would not be a great idea to put it in the forehead, or even into the NLF lines, unless you have very significant loss there, which you don't.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm for forehead?

+2

Hi Tory.  It's not very common to use dermal filler in the forehead.  In some cases, we will use it to correct very deep creases in the area between the eyes, but almost never in the forehead. 

As for the cheeks, you are a great candidate.  Both for the groove at your upper cheek and for the nasolabial folds (laugh lines).  2-3 CC's would probably do the trick. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Juvéderm Voluma is for cheek volume and lift, not brow creases

+1
Juvéderm Voluma is a fabulous new filler that does an excellent job of lifting and shaping cheeks. Based on your photos you'd be a good candidate for that or possibly other fillers as well. 

The area between the brows is best treated with Botox to relax the muscles that are creating the pleated appearance. Usually Botox alone will rejuvenate that area. Sometimes following with a filler, such as Restylane or Juvéderm Ultra or Ultra Plus is helpful, but not Voluma. Voluma is not meant for between the brow.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Use of Voluma for Cheeks

+1
Hi Tory,

It appears that Voluma would be quite helpful for your cheeks.  For your glabella (the area between and above your eyebrows), Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin would be the best treatment with a small amount of Restylane injected very carefully in the vertical lines between your brows.  Injectors must be very cautious in this area because of underlying blood vessels that if occluded with filler can cause severe complications.  Once again, it is most important that you choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Voluma is just that: for volume

+1

Voluma is a great product that has been used here in Canada for almost 4 years.  It is suitable  for significant volume loss to the cheeks,  nasolabial folds,  marionette lines and temples.  It should not be used for the brow, in the tear troughs or the lips as it is too firm and will give rise to uneven contours and possibly lumps.  Are you too young to have fillers?  Not if you need them! And recent evidence suggests these types of fillers  ( hyaluronic acids) may even stimulate your own body to produce more collagen.

Jason K. Rivers, MD
Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for cheek augmentation

+1

Voluma is an excellent choice along with other HA fillers to augment the cheeks and the hollows under the eyes. An experienced injector can get nice results safely and effectively for these areas. Some may choose Voluma while others may choose fillers such as Perlane or Restylane especially under the eye area. Remember Voluma FDA approval is for the cheek volume loss

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Juvederm Volume is an excellent Midface Lifting and Filling Injection

+1

Yes, Juvederm Voluma XC would be an excellent filler to use for your cheeks. Recently the FDA approved Voluma in the USA for Midface injections. While Voluma has just gone on sale to the general population, I have been injecting it as part of my teaching and have found it to be an excellent product with minimal swelling, instant results and no downtime. I would not not suggest Voluma for most people between the eyebrows. A softer filler such as Juvederm Ultra in combination with Botox Cosmetic may be a better choice for this area. However, you would need to be evaluated in person to know which product would be best.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm Voluma?

+1

Juvederm Voluma is not available in the states. Based on the photos provided I suggest injecting 8-16 units on each side of Botox or Xeomin to help lift the brow and soften the lines. A physical exam would be best but you would also benefit from Restylane or Juvederm Ultra Plus, this will help fill in the nasolabial folds and tear troughs. Find a board certified physician who can provide the results you wish to achieve.