How Many Juvederm Vials Needed for Lips?

How many vials of Juvederm are typically used for the upper and lower rims of the lips, to achieve a nice natural look, but with noticeable difference?

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls....With No More Than 1 Syringe of Juvederm in Their Lips

+4

Hi Caligirl00,

For lip augmentation I would use no more than 1 syringe of Juvederm to treat upper and lower lips to give a noticeable difference while maintaining a natural look. You can always come back for a little more. Any more that 1 cc, and you are looking at adult video star lips (or Lisa Rinna's right upper lip).

As with everything else in facial plastic surgery, choose your injecting physician carefully. It is the craftsman, not the tool that will give you your desired natural results. Be well.

Dr. P

Juvederm for the lips

+3

Typically no more than 1 syringe (approx 0.8 mL) of Juvederm is sufficient for the upper and lower lip. I typically involve my patients in the process, allowing them to view the progress of their lip enhancement during various stages of injection. This way the patient is not surprised by either over-filling or under-filling. I would encourage you to provide similar feedback to your provider.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm for the Lips

+3

In my experience, one syringe of Juvederm is sufficient to create a natural full look in both upper and lower lips. In some patients desiring correction of numerous long vertical lip lines or supernatural lip fullness, more than one syringe is usually necessary. In any case, it is always better to start conservatively and add filler as needed. I believe that formal aesthetic surgical training is very helpful to know how much and where to place these fillers.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Syringes needed may vary

+3

Juvederm is an excellent product to plump lips and have the result last for several months. Juvederm is provided in sterile 0.8cc syringes, not in vials, so make sure your doctor is giving you want you want. The number of syringes needed depends on your lips and the desired increase in size. Juvederm is not as stiff as Cosmoplast or Restylane, so those products may be better for rim definition. Remember that this is an "off-label" use of filler (but VERY main-stream) so get the opinion of an experienced, reputable board certified specialist in a field of aesthetics such as dermatology or facial plastic surgery.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist