Juvederm for Upper Lip and Nasolabial Folds?

I have thinning upper lip and very mild nasolabial folds (had Radiesse 10 months ago) Will 1 syringe of Juvederm be sufficient?

1 syringe should be enough

+1

It very well might, if you had the 1.3 cc syringe of Radiesse. If you only had the 0.3 cc syringe of Radiesse, then certainly, 1 syringe of Juvederm should be enough.

Depends on how much extra volume for the lips, and how deep nasolabial folds

+1

I agree with my colleagues: one or two syringes is the correct answer. It all depends on how much extra volume you are looking for in your lips, and how deep your nasolabial furrows are.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

You need to be examined but yes, it is possible

+1

I would like to address one part of your question that has not been addressed. First, Radiesse is a thicker product and most providers do not recommend injecting Radiesse in the lip. I do a fair amount of lip augmentation and always use hyaluronic acid fillers (like Juvederm), but not Radiesse for the lips. The nasolabial fold can be treated with either type of filler.

Radiesse typically lasts between 10-18 months. You would need to be examined to see how mild your folds are and how much correction you would require. I typically use 2/3 or one syringe for lip augmentation. If your folds are mild, you would likely still need a second syringe of Juvederm and one syringe may not be enough. However, it is very difficult to say how many you might need without seeing you in person. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Depends on your anatomy

+1

Most patients require one to two syringes of Juvederm for the nasolabial folds and one syringe for the lips.  You can skimp on the product by injecting it more superficially, but then it is more visible.  Also, but spreading too little product over too many places will not give you nice results.

David Shafer, MD

Probably not just one syringe

+1

Over the past number of years I have learned that when the nasolabial folds and the lips are to treated I generally need 2 syringes, however you may want to start with one syringe wait 2 weeks and go back for another syringe if needed.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips and nasolabial folds

+1

Hi, it's hard to determine how much product you will need without examining you and getting a sense of how much correction you're looking for. However, you can certainly always have just one syringe put in, allow the swelling to come down, and then re-evaluate. I routinely do this with patients who may be hesitant about using two syringes at a time. Good luck!

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Juvederm for nasolabial folds and lip

+1

It is hard to predict how much volume that you will need or desire to correct the deformities that you have. This is what is discussed in consultation and on physical exam.

Juvederm for upper lip and nasolabial folds

+1

If your nasolabial folds required 1 syringe of Radiesse (1.4 mL syringe) for full correction, 1 syringe of Juvederm for both nasolabial folds and upper lip may not be sufficient if the effects of the Radiesse have totally worn off. You could have your doctor inject 1 syringe and determine at that time whether you need more.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Probably

+1

From the sounds of this, most likely.

Maybe I am prejudiced having seen a lady this afternoon for whom I injected Juvederm 8 months ago. She needed a little more on the right naso-labial fold and her upper lip. She had some left over so I injected the remainder into the marionette lines. Somehow I picture you, so I think, in light of the fact that you had an even longer lasting filler ( Radiesse) you should require just one syringe.

You might also consider Restylane since Medicis gives you about 0.4 cc more in a syringe.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Filler

+1

It is hard to say without seeing you.  Generally, nasolabial folds take at least one syringe.  You can start with one and always go back for more, if needed. 

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD