Upper and Lower Lip Juvederm - No Results

I had no noticeable results. Went back 2 weeks ago, and had more added. Still no results. I have spent over 900.00 for nothing.. Does this ever happen?

Juvederm should give great lips

+2

Your story does not seem to make sense if you noticed nothing right after treatment. All patients should get some effect from filler injection into the lip area. Unfortunately, this result is not very long lasting in the lips due to the constant movement.

Charlotte Dermatologist

No results after Restylane for Lip Augmentation

+2

Honestly, something doesn't sound right.  $900 should get you a couple syringes of Restylane that if placed into the borders of your lips, should absolutely make a difference in your lips.  If your lips are extremely thin, you may need to have Alloderm or Silastic Lip Implants placed for more Lip Augmentation.  Do not use Radiesse or Perlane as these fillers are meant to be injected into fatty tissue layers, of which the lips have none.

Juvederm for upper and lower lips

+1

You should certainly notice a difference with 2 syringes of Juvederm in your lips if injected by an experienced physician.  If you did actually have Juvederm, you might try Restylane which is a bit firmer than Juvederm.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

+1

Your threshold of filler volume just hasn't been met.  If you had a 0.4cc syringe of Juvederm each time, spread between  your upper and lower lips, in the border of the lips and the red part of the lips, you might need more than 0.8 ccs (or more than one full syringe).  You have to see how much was injected and ask your doctor if they think you should still have more.

Ronald Shelton, MD

No results after 2 syringes of Juvederm...

+1

Greetings Patsy~

It's unusual for patients not to have any noticeable improvement after 2 full syringes of Juvederm.  As some of the others have asked, were before and after pictures taken? It's nice to be able to compare the photos to really determine changes. Very small, thin lips can take quite a bit of filler to notice a distinct difference.  Average lips however, would not require this much filler to see a substantial difference.   I would definitely suggest going back to the office that treated you to discuss it with them and review the photos.

Dr. Grant Stevens         

Grant Stevens, MD

Pre treatment photos before Juverderm very important

+1

Were pre-treatment photos taken - if they were you can look at these with the provider who injected the product to evaluate your results.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

No results, but consider your goals

+1

$900 worth of Juvederm injected in the lips should have produced a noticeable augmentation.  However, your dissatisfaction is also dependent on your ultimate goals - were you seeking a larger and more pronounced augmentation?  Did you have very thin lips to start?  Remember that a typical single syringe of Juvederm is the equivalent to only 1/6 of a teaspoon - it is not that much volume.  It is important to communicate your ultimate goals with your provider so they can understand the amount of product needed to achieve your desired results, and it is equally as important for you to understand the costs involved in order to reach your goals.    

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm for lip enhancement

+1

Juvederm is a wonderful product for lip augmentation.  In most cases,  less than .8cc or 1 syringe will achieve the desired results.  I would return to your physician's office and request copies of your before photos in order to evaluate your results.  If you see no improvement I would suggest getting a second opinion.  I hope this helps you. 

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lip injections

+1

Juvederm is great for the lips. I usually use one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane in the lips with great results.  It is very rare that I have to use two syringes.  So, two syringes of Juvederm and no noticeable change sounds very strange.  Was all the Juvederm injected into the substance of the lips themselves or was some injected around the mouth too?

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm excellent choice for lips

+1

Juvederm is an excellent choice for the lips. It should yield immediate results and works well. it doesnt last very long however in the lips.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon