How Much Juvederm Can I Get Under Eyes? How Long To Wait Between Treatments? (photo)

I had 1 syringe of restylane under my eyes then a month later went back and got 1.5 syringes of juvederm (so thats 1.25 under each eye) The appearance of bags is better but not great. Id like to wait a few months and get more. Does that sound reasonable? Im to scared to have surgery.

Jeuvederm Under Eyes: When fillers are not enough

+1

I am very glad that you received some improvement in the depression at the cheek-lid junction - the area that gives you the dark shadows in photos. However, at this point you need a lower blepharoplasty to improve the extra localized fat of your lower lids ("bags") and redundant skin removed conservatively. 

See a board certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial plastic or Oculoplastic surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane for tear troughs

+1

I prefer Restylane under the eyes to avoid too much puffiness, but you have had an excellent result with Restylane and Juvederm.  I do not think more filler will help.  You require surgery for more improvement.  If you decide against surgery, your fillers will probably last a year or longer.  Have your treatment with an experienced injector who will not overfill you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restyland and Juvederm Under Eyes...

+1

Yes, that is fine to wait a few months before going in for more injections.  I would highly recommend you stick with Restylane in the future for filling the under eye area.  Unfortunately, from your photos, fillers can only do so much and I would still recommend you consider having surgery for optimal results. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Juvederm under eyes

+1

I think your result is actually really good. Injecting Restylane at a deeper depth was good, though I would have followed that up with another round of Restylane as I don't prefer Juvederm for under eyes. What you actually have is under eye bags, i.e. extra skin. The only way to get rid of this would be with a blepharoplasty. Filling it in with fillers isn't going to look right. You were good to get the fillers to begin with as they built a nice cushion there, but to get rid of the actual extra skin, the only way to resolve that is with a minor surgery. Don't panic or fret - it's actually not much worse than fillers! Go in for some consultations with eye surgeons or plastic surgeons and you'll be good to go.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Under eye bags.

+1

Yes, fillers can help slightly  as you found out but they are not for removing bag. You could have a much more profound result with a blepharoplasty! Find a surgeon you are comfortable with and who is experienced and you might find "the noyve".

How Much Juvederm Can I Get Under Eyes? How Long To Wait Between Treatments?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. The result is good. Yes wait a few months before additional filler is added. But you would be a better transconj. lower lid blepharoplasty patient if you found the "nerve". Follow up please. 

Treating under eye area with dermal fillers

+1

Under eye filler injections work better for hollows or dark circles than they do for "bags."  "Bags" are actually the result of laxity of the ligaments and fat herniation (outpouching) from the orbit.  These are best treated with surgical removal. This type of removal is best accomplished by an oculoplastic surgeon.

However, if these are to be approached with fillers as opposed to surgery, I prefer Restylane to Juvederm in this area.  In other areas Juvederm would work better, but I find Restylane does not migrate as much under the eyes.

From what I am seeing in your photo, what needs to be filled now is not so much the under eye area as the cheek to make it come up to the level of the "bags" in order to make a smoother transition.  As to how much filler is needed for the cheek, depends on the type of filler used.  

Without injecting into the under eye area, a number of fillers can be used for the cheek, including the hyaluronic acids, Radiesse and Sculptra.  Sculptra will not give immediate results and requires three treatments separated approximately 6 weeks apart.  For more immediate results, Radiesse or a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane can be used.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon