Best Filler That Will Not Darken Under Eyes?

I had Juvederm injected in the lower eyelid area, but that resulted in a bluish cast (like dark circles) under my eyes. I had the filler removed because the bluish tint was worse than the hollowness under my eyes. But I still would love to plump the area under my eyes. What are my other choices for fillers in this area?

Fillers under eye

+1

I think that the Hyaluronic acid smaller particle products are the gentlest and therefore the best for the lower eyelid trough. The bluish hue may be from injecting it too superficially.

Radiesse may be better option for you

+1

Either Juvederm, Restylane  or Radiesse can result in nice improvement, as long as the injections are perfromed deep.  It sounds as if your injections were done too superficially.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Fat transfer is probably your best choice

+1

Dear Zuma,

The blue hue you encountered arises due to the Tyndall effect, which is the blue light we notice when light is scattered by a colloidal particle. The same phenomenon explains why the sky is blue and why our veins appear blue even though we all know our blood is red. Unfortunately, this will be a potential problem with any of the hyaluronic acid filler materials, like Juvederm and Restylane. I also would not recommend Radiesse because we have patients present to us after having Radiesse injected under their eyes with really baggy, festooning lids due to the water retention.

In our own practice ,we have found that fat transfer is far and away the best option as it is longer lasting and that blue hue should not happen.

I hope this helps. If you would like further information, feel free to check out our blog and look up our articles on dark circles under eyes or the concertina effect. We also have a small You Tube clip that goes over fat transfer under bhprofiles.

Have a great weekend.

Peyman Solieman, MD