Should I Use Juvederm Ultra Plus or Radiesse in Cheeks As a First Time User?

After searching high and low for someone who has experience with cheek injections, I finally found success. My injector is an RN in a Plastic surgeons office. Radiesse or perlane would be my first choice, but she prefers juvederm. Is radiesse much more difficult to inject than juvederm?

Radiesse or Perlane

+1

I  have pretty much switched over tot he hyaluronic acid fillers because I know if i do  not like the results, I can dissolve it. The same can not be said for Radiesse.

Radiesse is better for the cheeks

+1

Radiesse is better for the cheeks because it creates more structure and support, but it can depend on your skin. Juvederm ultra plus doesn’t give as much lifting, but it is reversible. So, for first time users we often choose Juvederm. It really all depends on how much lift you need, how heavy your facial tissues are, and the level which the physician is going to be injecting the product.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra works best!

+1

I think sculptra is the best filler for cheek volume.  Juvedrem and Radiesse work best on nasolabial folds.  And I love juvederm around the lips and eyes.  sculptra is the most cost-effective and lasts the longest.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Fillers for cheek volume

+1

Using Restylane or Juvederm allows you the opportunity to see the result and it can be dissolved if you don't like it. Radiesse is slightly thicker and may last longer than the Restylane or Juvederm. Restylane is somewhat granular and Juvederm somewhat smoother. If there is significant fat atrophy in your cheeks, then Radiesse is more efficient in filling larger voids.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fillers

+1

I strongly feel that you have consulted a Plastic surgeon for cosmetic procedure.This is a procedure with it's own set of risks and complications.

If he/ she doees not have the time to do the procedure, then find one that can give you the time and the expertise.

Juvederm Ultra Plus or Radiesse in cheeks

+1

I would try use the shorter acting filler (Juvederm) first, so if you are not happy with the result it resolves in a shorter time. Radiesse lasts double the time of the Juvederms.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Both are great in the cheeks

+1

The reason your doctor may want you to try Juvederm first is because Juvederm is reversible if you have any problems and Radiesse is not. When doing a procedure the first time, I would never object to someone opting for a more conservative filler like Juvederm. Radiesse might give more lift because it is a stiffer product, and Juvederm definitely feels softer, so I often choose based on the patients sex and skin type. There are relative benefits to both products.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist