Is Juvederm Ultra Plus a good filler for the lips?

I am considering getting a lip augmentation using a filler. Is Juvederm Ultra Plus a good filler for my lips, I want to look very natural. Also, will 1 syringe be too much and give me a unnatural look? Lastly, what is the proper placement of the filler, the muscle or the fat pads? Thank you.

Lip augmentation

+2

A nice, natural look can be achieved with hyaluronic acid fillers in the lips. I find that Juvederm gives a bit more plump and restylane is better for defining lip border. Usually I use juvederm ultra vs Ultra plus for a softer feel and look. One syringe is usually the right amount - if there is not a need for the entire syringe the rest can be used in the nasolabial folds or chin.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Juvederm ultra plus in the lips

+2

Juvederm ultra plus or perlane are thicker products and tend to last longer than say juvederm ultra or restylane. I use perlane all the time in the lips and have had no problem with this product. Depending upon the needs it can be placed in the lip line, or the muscle of the lips.

Juvéderm for Lip Rejuvenation and Augmentation

+2

Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid and, as such, excellent for use in the lips. However, I prefer Juvéderm Ultra rather than Ultra Plus, as the ultra plus is a little bit too thick in my opinion for natural looking and feeling lips. Most people requesting lip augmentation or rejuvenation will require at least one syringe. When done properly this can give excellent, natural results. Proper placement depends on what you're trying to achieve and your age. The older you are the more filler you may require in order to replace the fat that you have lost from your lips. Make sure that whoever does this has significant experience. ExpertInjector.com is an excellent source.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus for Lip Augmentation

+2

Yes, Juvederm Ultra Plus is Great for Lip Augmentation. The whole Juvederm XC line of injectables is fantastic for filling. Be sure to make sure that you are being injected by an experienced injector. I would not suggest doing more than one syringe in your lips, especially if this is the first time you are having injections. It is always better to come back and do more later than to over do it and have an unnatural result.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm for lips

+2

Bemore95, I much prefer the hylaronic acid fillers for lip augmentation and Ultra Plus works well. Look for a practice where the surgeon actuallly does the injection and one where they have years of experience using the product. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in lips

+2

Juvederm ultra plus is an excellent injectable filler for the lips. Where to place the filler, how much to use and any other details are the art and experience of the injector surgeon. There is no exact answer here, you must find a surgeon (injector ) who has fantastic and NATURAL looking results from his injections. Injectable work takes both talent and experience....its your job to find the right person before signing up

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for lips

+2

Yes Juvederm Ultra Plus is a good filler for lip augmentation. However, just as important as the filler, is the qualifications and expertise of the injector. Only a few types of physicians such as a dermatologist has the formal training to perform these types of procedures. If you go to a spa or see a nonphysician, chances are that you are seeing someone who learned the procedure in a weekend course or even worse in a few hour crash course.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for Lip Augmentation using fillers or implants

+1

Hi

Restylane or Juvederm Ultra are safer for the lips. While Juvederm Ultra Plus can be used for lip augmentation, it can leave more lumps in the lips. How much volume you need depends on your lips and without pictures we cannot answer this question. Whether you get a natural or unnatural look depends on the skill of your injector. Lip implants are also an option for a natural but permanent lip augmentation:

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tailoring The Right Filler To The Particular Needs Essential For ​Proper Nonsurgical Lip Augmentation

+1

An in-the-flesh examination of the lips is absolutely essential for determining not only which lips require treatment, but what injectable material(s) would be best and precisely how much will be required to create natural-looking lips that have appropriate symmetry and balance. It is not prudent to follow a "one-size-fits-all" approach whereby a certain size and/or shape of lips that look great on a particular model is used as a goal for each and every patient. The size and shape MUST be tailored to the size, shape and characteristics of each and every patient. For the body of the lips, I generally prefer Juvederm UltraPlus XC.I If the vermilion border requires definition, I prefer Belotero Balance.

Unfortunately, all too many inexperienced injectors have created lips that in side view look
"duck like" or what has been called the "trout pout" and in front view appear like "sausage" lips. This comes from a lack of awareness of the appropriate and natural proportions of the lips in relation to each other and to the surrounding skin and that any exaggeration of these proportions can give rise to the undesirable results just described. The intent of treatment is not to have a person's lips enter the room before she does.

For lips to look natural, the upper lip, in side view, should project slightly more than the lower lip, in a ratio of approximately 1.5X more than the outward projection of the lower lip. In front view, the ratio is reversed. In vertical height, the ideal lower lip should be approximately 1.5X that of the upper lip.

From the above, it should go without saying that consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating the lips is crucial for achieving a gratifying outcome.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Juvederm Ultra Plus for the lips.

+1

Depending on the look you are trying to achieve, Juvederm Ultra Plus or Ultra filler used by an experienced injector can give a lovely, natural result. For defining and smoothing lips, Juvederm Volbella is a great new product that we have in Canada.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist