Juvederm Ultra 2 for Nasal Folds and Below Jowls?

can juvederm ultra 2 be used on the upper nasel folds as well as below the jowel, sides of chin area? Im 29 so im not looking to fill in lines and wrinkles but more of a deepo method is used below the gowel area to add volume to those areas. I am also getting the hollows of my cheeks done with ultra 4(27g syringe) but preffer the comfort of a 30g syringe, will a 30g jvdrm syringe fit onto the ultra 4 vile, and will u get close to the same results deepo method using a smaller syringe?

Juvederm Ultra, Ultra Plus and Voluma

+1

Juvederm products are appropriate to use for all of your areas.  Fortunately, in Canada we also have Voluma which is the thickest form of Juvederm.  Your discomfort can be minimized with an anesthetic cream and ice.  You should have treatment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in using all of the Juvederm products available in Canada.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Ultra 2-3-4 in EU and Canada

+1

Thank you for your question. Canadian Juvederm presentations are the same than in EU (Europe), but different from Juvederm (Allergan) commercial products in USA.

It's not a good idea to alter the pre-charged syringe/needle of the product; it's related to the viscosity (cross-linking) of the hyaluronic acid gel molecules of the product inside. The main difference among Juvederm Ultra 2-3-4 is product is product viscosity. Higher crosslinked gels, result in a higher volume restoration and in a longer duration. I think -theoretically- that Juvederm Ultra 3 is a better option for nasolabial fold areas, and probably Juvederm Ultra 4 for the area just behind the jowls (sides of chin area). In the other hand, I think that the painful sensation that you have experienced, can disappear by using Juvederm Ultra 4 Lidocaine, or blocking previously the area to be treated with local anesthesia.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for filling

+1

The Canadian fillers are slightly different from what we have in the United States, but it is wise to not change needles from what the company suggests to be used per that syringe.  Different viscosities of the fillers could make it dangerous to use a different needle and if it's too small in its lumenal diameter for the thicker filler, the needle might fly off the syringe during the increased pressure used to try to force filler out of the needle.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm and needle type

+1

In the US we currently use Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus. The latter would be a very effective way to add volume to areas of loss. It cannot however be used with a 30g needle.

Allergan strongly suggests that Juvederm Ultra Plus be performed using the 27g needle that comes with the product. If attempts are made at using a 30g needle, the needle will explode off the syringe and may cause harm to the patient. Juvederm Ultra is more effective on finer wrinkles.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane, Juvederm, Fill NLF's, Face Fillers, Restylane

+1

Yes, Juvederm products, including the one listed, are great for filling the NLF and the Marrionette lines.

Juvederm for nasal folds

+1
Juvederm is great for the nasal folds and for the lines around the chin. Juvederm is great here because it's soft and will feel like the tissues around it. The hollows of your cheek may be best treated with Radiesse. Radiesse has slightly larger particles than juvederm, it lasts longer, and is great for adding volume to hollow areas.

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm Ultra

+1

Juvederm is used in all the areas you mention, but I prefer Radiesse because it will last longer, even though it costs a little more.

Fillers for around the mouth and nose

+1

Most of the injectable fillers on the market have been initially developed and approved through the FDA processes for the nasolabial creases.  Injections to the marionette lines below the corners of the mouth are effective for early stages, bu for severe lines, the extra volume may only serve to make the cheeks heavier and accelerate drooping and jowling.  I am very conservative in this region.  Do ask your surgeon about alternative choices before having them filled up with volume that you may not actually need.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Juviderm ultra plus for nasolabial and prejowl depressions.

+1
I prefer Radiesse for the depressions you describe. It lasts 2 or more years while juviderm lasts up to a year.

Juvaderm ultra plus is a better option for deep volume filling in the face

+1

Juvaderm ultra plus is a better option for deep volume filling in the face. The larger particle size gives more substance to the augmentation.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist