Juvederm Absorbed by the Body

I had Juvederm Ultra injected in my lips and my body absorbed it and it didn't make my lips larger. My doctor says if I do it again it will work. How do I know this is true?

Juvederm breakdown by body

+1

Our bodies break down fillers such as Juvederm at different rates. The lip area, which constantly moves, breaks down fillers particularly fast. I agree that a deeper filler or larger molecule such as Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus might be worth trying, ideally in the hands of an experienced dermatologist injector.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Some patients do absorb hyaluronic acid faster

+1

In some of our patients, we have occasionally seen quicker absorption of Hyaluronic acid Juvederm or Restylane.

It is hard to tell if it would work the second time.

I would use Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane the second time, which may work better for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon