Can I Get Juvederm Two Days Before a Big Event?

I really want to look my best for mother's day and the earliest appointment I could get was May 7th. Should I wait until after Mothers day which is May 9th to have it done?

Do NOT get Fillers 2 days before an important event

+2

The vast majority of fillers go smoothly without complications. But minor bruising and swelling may be associated with the procedure. There seems to be a special subsection of Murphy's law of Fillers in which the more important the function, the more likely for something bad to take place when fillers are given.

Personally, unless you want to take the chance, I would suggest not having anything done 5-7 days before an important social function in which photos / video may be taken. Odds are you may get away with it. But - what if you don't, would you be OK with that I-had-fillers appearance?

Facial Fillers Before An Important Event

+1

I agree with the other physicians that you should not get facial fillers before an important event, in the likely or unlikely event that you develop tissue swelling and bruising.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm filler

+1

If you have an important event in the next few days, I would not go for filler injection because you may get some bruising.

It is usually better to wait and not chance having a large, unsightly bruise at your event

+1

The issue is bruising.  There are measures that can be taken to minimize bruising, but no one can guarantee that you will not bruise.  It is usually better to wait and not chance having a large, unsightly bruise at your event.  To learn more about Juvederm visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Avoid Getting Fillers Immediately Before A Big Event

+1

While you can get a filler immediately before a big social event, if you get a bruise from the procedure it will likely not be resolved in time.  In addition, some bruises are difficult to cover with makeup, so you can improve the appearance of them, you cannot always completely mask them.  Finally, in the event that you would need a touch-up, you would not have time to do so if you wait to have the filler done at the last minute.

Fillers two days before an event

+1

"Murphy's Law" says if you don't have an important social function you'd probably be fine, but since you want to look good, two days is risky in case you develop a big bruise, or develop a lot of swelling. This applies to those people who have had the treatment many times before, too, not just to first-time recipients of Juvederm or Resytlane.

Juvederm is best 2 weeks before a big event

+1

2 days is cutting it very close to have a filler before an event, even a hyaluronic acid like Juvederm. Bruising and swelling are common with Juvederm. Swelling will resolve in 1-2 days, but bruising may last 3-5 days, depending on the amount you have, where you have it placed, injector skill, and your propensity to bruise.

I would recommend having fillers 1-2 weeks prior to an event rather than a few days. Enjoy Mother's Day sans filler, and treat yourself afterwards for best results.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm before a big event

+1

I feel it would be best to have fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, collagen, Sculptra), and Botox a week, or more before an important event.

Red marks and bruises can occur on occasion and may need a few days to resolve.

Botox will take about a week to take full effect.

Don't put yourself in a stressful situation by have a procedure by not allowing some time for resolution of these potential minor problems.

Juvederm before an important event.

+1

I suggest scheduling a filler procedure at least 7 days prior to an important social function or event. If significant bruising occurs, it may take a week (possibly even longer) for the bruising to resolve completely. By 7 days, however, any residual discoloration can usually be camouflaged with makeup. In other words, please wait until after Mother's day for your filler.

Happy Mother's Day!

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm bruising

+1

Everyone is different as to the extent of bruising and swelling post op from Juvederm. However I would not get it done if you have an event 2 days later.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon