How Long Before Juvederm Bruising and Swelling Subsides?

I had Juvederm 3 days ago under my eyes, and they're still a bit puffy and bruised. How long will it take before they get better?

+2

The rate at which bruising and swelling subsides varies a great deal from patient to patient after facial shaping with fillers like Juvederm, Perlane and others marketed here in the US.  Ice therapy and Arnica 12-C are recommended to our filler patients as ways to speed this process along.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Bruising and swelling after Juvederm

+2
Typically the swelling and bruising from Juvederm injections under the eye should dissipate with in the first week. I have my patients stop any regular routine of aspirin or vitamins that may interfere with this process and cause prolonged bruising. You should see improvement daily. I also recommend arnica gel or sublingual tablets for those who have high bleeding tendencies. I hope this is helpful to you and wishing you a quick recovery!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Bruising and Swelling after Juvederm to lower eyelid area

+2

If all goes as planned, swelling typically resolves by 1 week and bruising within 10 days.  Arnica can help with bruising; you may also consider a cover-up/makeup for camouflage. 

If you continue to have significant swelling at 2 weeks, I would advise you to consult your treating physician.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Bruising Swelling after Juevederm

+2

This will be worse in the morning than at night.

Manual lymphatic drainage, Ice compresses and arnica ointment and arnica tablets may be helpful.

Typically this resolves within 7 days. Extensive bruising may last longer.

Bruisestick ointment for bruising after Juvederm

+1

Our office advises Juvederm patients to begin Bruisestick ointment on the area of bruising. 

Web reference: https://www.kareskin.com/product-detail/11/bruisestick-arnica-ointment.aspx

Bruising after Juvederm

+1

Typically puffiness and bruising resolves in 7-10 days but varies from patient to patient. Arnica gel will help. Next  time make sure you are off fish oil, NSAID, Vit E and others that will make you more prone to bruising.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/injectables/juvederm/

Swelling after fillers

+1

Swelling is a very common side effect of filler injections and varies in intensity from patient to patient.  It is hard to say how long it will last, but many times it resolves after a few days.

Swelling and bruising after Juvederm

+1

The eyelid area is very susceptible to bruising, due to the fragility of tissues in the area.

To minimise bruising, it is important to eliminate aspirin for at least a week before treatment and other antiinflammatory drugs (ibuprofen etc) for 2 or 3 days.

Ice packs following treatment are very useful. A Vitamin K oxide cream (Auriderm) may be useful.

Having said that, swelling may persist for 2-4 days and bruising seldom longer than 8 days.

Chicago Dermatologist

A few days

+1

The easy part is the swelling which should only last a few days.  Sleeping with your head elevated and warm compresses will help.  Unfortunately, the bruising will take much longer.  Most bruises take at least 2 weeks before they fade.  Use makeup the best you can.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Bruising following Juvederm treatment

+1

As with any cause of traumatic bruising (resulting from the needle sticks and implantation of the filler), it will usually last about a week.

Stopping aspirin and other medications that may increase the risk of bruising about 7-10 days prior to getting injections can lessen the risk of bruising.

If my patients get bruising, I have them use arnica montana cream to help quicken the resolution of the bruising. I hope that helped. Dr. R

Austin Dermatologist