Can Juvederm Ultra Stretch out the Lips?

I was wondering if it is true or false that when Juvederm Ultra is injected into the lips and they are stretched out once the Juvederm wears off the lips look deflated and have new wrinkles?

Can Juvederm or Restylane Stretch Out the Lips?

+2

Hi doeyes,

Juvederm and Restylane have been shown to stimulate collagen production in the skin over time. If anything, once the material has been absorbed, there is usually some residual volume left from collagen production. So it is false that the lips are stretched out after being injected with hyaluronic acid fillers.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Juvederm will not stretch lips too far

+2

Fortunately, when lips are revolumized with a hyaluronic acid product such as Juvederm, they do not overstretch once the product wears off to look deflated.

The skin is a wonderful organ, and has elastin fibers (so named because they act like elastic) which help the skin accommodate to the underlying volume.

Rather, the lips lose volume with time as we age, so the amount of stretch that they used to have is gone.... the aged lips look a bit deflated, but can be refilled to help minimize the wrinkles.

It's almost like a beach ball that has lost some of it's air... it's looks somewhat deflated. Putting more air in help re-inflate the beach ball. Once the newly added air disappears, the beach ball will again look a little bit deflated, but not more than it was originally.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm fine choice for lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers and function as humectant, meaning drawing water to the injected areas. Hence, the lip augmentation achieved is a plumping effect where you have mild swelling on top of what is injected. Less is typically better for first-timer. Final aesthetic appearance is best judged one week after Juvederm or Restylane injection.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm works great in the lips

+1

Juvederm is great for filling the lips, but it is temporary. The lips will go back to their natural shape after this product is absorbed by the body.  However, the results can really look great and will last if you continue maintenance injections.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

The lips do not stretch with fillers they get fuller. When the material is absorbed the lips go back to where they were before the filling

Juvederm in lips

+1

When juvederm is inflated into the lips the wrinkles soften. When the juvederm resorbs the wrinkles that one has in the lips wil be the same.

Juvederm Ultra doesn't stretch out the lips

+1

By your question I feel you are confusing stretching with filling out the lips. There is NO stretching or widening the anatomic area of the lips only a filling effect.

Hope that helps Dr. B

No new wrinkles

+1

Juvederm is, in my opinion, the best filler for the lips because it volumizes without stiffness. The effect gradually diminishes over several months, returning your lips to their pre-injection state.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

There is no stretfching out of lips with juvederm

+1

I have never seen any patient whose lips or other areas plumped up by fillers became saggy or had more wrinkles than before the treatment. I also, have never heard of this from any of my colleagues.

Ronald Shelton, MD