Juvederm Setting Time

What events or actions can cause Juvederm to shift or change following injection. How long does it take for it to set completely? I had very dry lips following Juvederm lip injections and after 2.5 days I picked the peeling skin off my lips. Could this have an impact on the Juvederm? How would I know? Thank you.

Juvederm doesn't shift

+1

I have not seen Juvederm shift after placement.  Peeling the skin or mucosa of the lip will not affect the Juvederm. 

Juvederm Injections

+1

Juvederm is stable immediately after injecion. It would take significant pressure to move the material. Simply apply moisturizing cream to your dry lips.

Juvederm setting time?

+1

Juvederm is injected directly into the dermis.  this is a very dense tissue that would require heavy massage to moe the material.  Even when the surgeons does it immediately afterwards, unless the product is inadvertently in a deeper, looser tissue plane, it will just smooth out rather than move to a different location.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in lips

+1

Hi, there is no relationship between removing the peeling off your skin and Juvederm. I typically message the lips in the office right after injection but tell not to message it when the patient goes home. Dr. Behnam.

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Peeling skin on lips and juvederm

+1

There is no cause and effect relationship between shifting of Juvederm placement with superficially peeling and dry skin of the lips.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and lip

+1

Picking the skin off your lips should have no affect on your results with juvederm of the lips.  Within a few days the juvederm is pretty much in place and not going to migrate.

Juvederm Setting Time

+1

Hi Apple,

Picking the dry skin off of your lips after Juvederm injections will not have an impact on your result.  Juvederm is fairly stable after injection.  Lip gloss before and after your next injections.  It would take extremely firm manipulation to have any effect.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

What can displace Juvederm from site of injection

+1

Even though it's not a good idea to pick dry skin off your lips, doing that will not impact the Juvederm there.  To affect the placement of Juvederm, a fairly vigorous pressure is needed within a few hours of injection, and even that can move it only a certain distance.

I do not recommend massaging the area or vigorous exercise for 48 hours after Juvederm injections.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon