Second Session of Juvederm

Juvederm Second Session : I Am 33 Years with Mild Smile Lines Which Looked More Pronounced Under Makeup.

I had juvederm ultra plus (one syringe on both sides) and was quite pleased with the results, except that the lines did not completely vanish, but were fairly less noticeable.Its been 6 months now and although juvederm effect is still there, it isnt as fresh. I am considering another session of the ultra plus. Pls advise if I should wait for the entire Juvederm to dissolve further or would it be advisable to undergo another ultra plus session. If yes,what amount would you advise? Thanks!

Second Session of Juvederm

+3

There is no problem having another injection of Juvederm in an area where Juvederm from a pevious session is still present. You and your physician must decide if more is necessary and will provide a natural result. 

Juvederm treatment

+2

You should not wait for the Juvederm to completely dissolve before retreating.  Layering will give you a prolonged effect.  It is difficult to determine the amount needed without examining you.  You may require more Juvederm Ultra Plus or even a thinner product.  An experienced physician injector would be able to judge what you need.

Toronto Dermatologist

Maintenance with Juvederm filler for wrinkles and smile folds

+2

If you had a good response with Juvederm Ultraplus but see some dimunition of the augmentation, you may add more Juvederm prior to its full dissolution which may only be in another year.  Many times this maintenance, or "topping off" the filler provides a more natural appearance as you're not inflating a signficant amount each treatment once every year or so.  Acquaintances may notice less that you had a procedure done as it will be a more subtle correction than if you waited for all of  it to disappear.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/restylane/index.html

Second session of Juvederm

+2

Dear Trnky1,

As long as an experienced injector is performing it, there is no harm in a second session of Juvederm. It is difficult to say how much you should receive this time around without examining you. It is best left to your injector to examine you and then the two of you can arrive at that decision together. Good luck to you!

Sarmela Sunder, MD

No need to wait to have more Juvederm

+1

Greetings~

Definitely no need to wait until the Juvederm wears off completely.  In fact, we encourage our patients to have their injections before they have completely worn off so it is less noticeable (not such a dramatic before and after, it just always looks good)  There is no problem whatsoever layering 'old' with 'new' product. It's difficult to say without seeing you how much product would be ideal to correct the areas that concern you but generally, if you had 2 syringes previously and you have your injections done before everything has worn off you will most likely be able to do 1 syringe for maintenance periodically.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Second Session of Juvederm

+1

I recommend going ahead at any time with the second session. While patients do respond differently, as you pointed out you still have some effect now and would likely still have some at 18 months post injection. So while it is impossible to completely eliminate the lines, additional injections will provide some improvement..

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Botox can help soften lines after Juvederm

+1

No, not at all...the Juvederm can be topped off with more at anytime to increase the effects.  I frequently use Botox to soften the lines around the lips and mouth as well.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Juvederm

+1

You sound like you had a nice reponse to the Juvederm.  It is fairly common to add more Juvederm when the effect is wearing off so that you keep up with the improvement.

Adding More Juvederm

+1

More Juvederm can be added at any time to achieve the desired effect. There are even smaller "touch-up sized syringes for this purpose that should be less expensive. To prevent over correction, your results will depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/juvederm/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Adding more Juvederm before previous injection competely dissolves

+1

Actually it will take less Juvederm to achieve the desired effect if there is still some there.  Also if there is a nice overlap in timing, so that some Juvederm is dissolving, some is new, the look will be maintained as opposed to dissolve completely and then start anew.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon