Juvederm for Second Scar Revision on Forehead?

Years ago, I had a revision procedure performed on a couple of old chicken pox scars located on my forehead but unfortunately had less than 'ideal' results.

The scars are now lines, instead of the pitted pox scars I had before, but they are not the "fine line" result that I was hoping for, and there are still areas of indentation that I feel would appear less noticeable if they were filled.

Would Juvederm be appropriate for a cosmetic issue such as this? If so, are bruising/swelling common in this area of the face?

Filling facial scars with Juvederm or Restylane

+1

Yes, depending on the depth of the indentation, there are definitely improvements from filling these scars in with Juvederm or Restylane.  The lines will not be improved from the fillers and you may improve from Fraxel on the 1550 setting for scars.  Fraxel treatment requires a series of laser treatments spaced approximately one month apart for the best results.  Please find a dermatologist who is experienced with cosmetic dermatology for these procedures before you proceed with your treatment.

Fraxel Restore is an Option for Forehead Scars

+1

The Fraxel restore is FDA-approved for scars. I have used the Fraxel restore for scar improvement since 2004 and have seen good to marked improvement over 4-6 sessions. I do use the Fraxel in the highest energy setting and use a silicone gel and/or silicone sheeting in between treatments. I have seen improvement in older scars, but the best improvement is when the scars are still red to pink. I always combine laser resurfacing after every scar revision.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead scar revision and fillers

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers for forehead depressed scars are a safe and effective option that can give you anywhere from 4-12 months of improvement; sometimes it can also be worth adding a touch of BOTOX depending on where the scar is to minimize movement of forehead muscles and thus increase duration of the filler.

Sometimes, subcision is an effective technique to raise the scars as well. Fractional laser resurfacing or application of TCA in some scars can also be helpful. See your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to go over your options.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and scars

+1

The beauty of a filler for your problem is that it may last long enough to give you what you want and if not it is gone soon enough.... Definitely worth a try!

Good luck

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

You can try Juvederm for second scar revision

+1

Why not try it? If it helps than you would have found an easy treatment that can be done every 4 months. As for bruising, yes it can happen. Now you are aware of that issue. Regards.