Juvederm Safe for Hypothyroidism Patients?

Is Juvederm okay to use if you have borderline hypothyroidism that doesn't need any treatment and is very minimal in the blood test results? I've had it before with no problem but I wanted to ask for your opinion.

Yes

+1

You should be fine with this.  I know of no reason that it will interfere with your hormone function.  The only thing  that would be a concern would be an allergic rection, which would be very very rare.

May Proceed

+1

I will add my voice to that of my colleagues. I do not believe hypothyroidism is a contraindication to having Juvederm injected. It is always wise to bring up your medical history if your physician has not asked for one. 

Good luck.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm and Hypothyroidism

+1

Hi Annie,

Mild hypothyroidism does not pose a contraindication to treatment with Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Hydrelle or any other injectable hyaluronic acid filler.  Feel free to proceed!

Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Juvederm safe for hypothyroidism patients?

+1

Yes.

I know of  no reported contraindication to the use of Juvederm in thyroid disease. If you have none of the kNOWN contraindications to the use of Juvederm, you should feel free to proceed.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS

Hyaluronic acid injections in hypothyroid patients

+1

Juvederm has no know contraindication to injecting in a patient with hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a very common condition and many of my patients have had the treatment without any difficulty. It is important that your doctor takes a thorough medical history and makes sure you do not have any other reason for not receiving the injections. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Juvederm in Hypothyroid Patients

+1

Yes, it is safe.

Hyaluronic Acid is the ingredient and is not allergenic i.e., it does not cause an allergic reaction.

If you are very concerned you can get a small tester dose in your forearm and wait for 48 hours to see if you react. There is no known reaction in hypothyroid patients towards Juvederm

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and hypothyroidism

+1

As you have seen from the other responders, the consensus is that hypothyroidism (or any thyroid condition for that matter) should not be affected by Juvederm injections.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm and Hypothyroidism

+1

I know of no specific contraindication of using juvederm in patients with hypothyroidism. It should be fine to use.  I always take a complete medical history on all my patients before any procedure big or small.

Juvederm

+1

There is no contraindicaiton for Juvederm or any other injectable with hypothyoridism.  As long as your injector reviews your medical history, you should be fine.  Good luck with your injections. 

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm, Is it Safe in a Patient with Hypothyroidism?

+1

Hi Annie,

You should have no problem having Juvederm injections with mild hypothyroidism.  Especially if you have had it before without any adverse effects.  Enjoy.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD