Is Juvederm Safe for Insulin Dependent Diabetes?

my mother and I are both scheduled for juvederm. I am worried about her having reactions to it. The Doctor said she should be fine but I'm still worried. Should I be worried for her?

Juvederm with diabetes

+1

You should not have problems with juvaderm and having diabetes.I don't believe your risks are any greater.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm use with Diabetes

+1

Juvederm is perfectly safe to use in diabetic patients.   The only concern I would have is that her diabetes is well-controlled, as you can see delayed healing in patients that are poorly controlled.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Juvederm Safe in Diabetes

+1

Juvederm is safe in Diabetes and there is no contra-indication to its use.  Juvederm is made of Hyaluronic Acid, a natural component of your skin, that binds and holds water.  It has been modified to remain in the skin longer than natural Hyaluronic Acid, but appears just as safe and inert as what is naturally made by your own body.  You should have no problems with Juvederm, and if injected properly by a physician who is Board Certified in an accepted aesthetic field, such as Dermatology or Plastic Surgery, you should have great, long lasting results.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and diabetes

+1

Juvederm should not effect or interfere with the treatment of your diabetes. This is something that you can do for yourself with little or no worries

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Safety of Juvederm

+1

There is no contraindication to Juvederm injections in a diabetic patient. Juvederm contains hyaluronic acid which has no organ or species specificity, and therefore in theory there is no risk of an allergic reaction. That is the reason there is no skin testing necessary before injecting hyaluronic acid. In fact, in spite of its frequent use for cosmetic purposes, there are very few reports of allergic reactions. So you should not worry about your mother's (or your) upcoming Juvederm injections.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Diabetes

+1

As long as your diabetes is under control and you have no active issues, there is no contraindication to having Juvederm injections.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD