Juvederm or Restylane - Which is Smoother for Lip Augmentation?

Restylane and juvederm are both great lip fillers.

+2

Both restylane and juvederm do great in the lips and are affordable at $550/syringe and last about 6 months.

sincerely,

david hansen,md

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation: Juvederm or Restylane?

+2

Lip Augmentation and enhancement of its Cupid's bow can be nicely done with either Juvederm or Restylane. They are both hyaluronic acid fillers and both are well integrated in the lip giving it a natural fullness. Juvederm will last longer than Restylane but comes in 0.8cc syringes as opposed to the 1cc of Restylane. The choice of WHICH one to use is up to you.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

+1

In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we prefer to use Juvederm for lip augmentation because it is a slightly thinner hyaluronic acid product than Restylane. Thinner products tend to be smoother and less lumpy than thicker products, making them a better choice for more delicate areas like the lips. Juvederm Plus and Perlane are even thicker forms of hyaluronic acid and we rarely use them for lip enhancement.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Juvederm amd Restylane fro lip augmentation

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers, and either can be used in lip augmentation.  Both are capable of giving a nice, smooth result.  Juvederm Ultra Plus will last somewhat longer, due to greater crosslinking of the hyaluronic acid molecule, but it is a little more expensive.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm fills lip lines better than Restylane

+1

Juvaderm fills lip lines better than Restylane. While both are excellent for plumping the lips in my experience Juvaderm is a better product for filling lip lines.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Juvederm and Restylane for Lip Enhancement

+1

In my practice, I use both Juvederm and Restylane for lip enhancement.  Both products contain the same material- hyaluronic acid, a naturally occuring substance in your body.  Juvederm has more crosslinking (which means it lasts slightly longer) but comes only in 0.8 cc in comparison to Restylane's 1.0cc.  Juvederm has a composition that is more like a viscous gel rather than Restylane's particles.  As a result, Juvederm tends to be a softer product while Restylane tends to pump more.   So for my patients who desire more volume, I use Restylane.  For my patients who want a more natural soft look, I use Juvederm. 

But more important than choosing a product is choosing the right physician.  An experienced physician will get great results with either Juvederm and Restylane!

Best of Luck!

-Dr. Margaret Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane vs Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are safe and satisfactory options for lip augmentation with artificial filler.  My suggestion is to go with Juvederm Ultra Plus for lip augmentation.  The Juvederm Ultra Plus is a more viscous gel than Restylane, which allow a more lasting augmentation over time.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane for lip augmentation

+1
Juvederm is a better filler for the lips - especially Juvederm Ultra Plus. It lasts much longer and adds more volume. It also has fewer issues with lumps.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

I use both Juvederm and Restylane in the lips

+1

Thanks for your question. Both Juvederm and Restylane are used in the lips with excellent results. The most important thing is the skill of the injector, so be sure you find an experiences facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for your procedure.

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler options for lips

+1

Both restylane and juvederm are terrific fillers for the lips. I use both, and have patients happy with both. That said, it is physician specific as far as experience and that is likely more important - to make sure a dermatologist or plastic surgeon is injecting you. Personally, I have a slight preference for Juvederm which is a little softer and more moldable.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon