Juvederm or Restylane - Which is Smoother for Lip Augmentation?

Restylane and juvederm are both great lip fillers.

Both restylane and juvederm do great in the lips and are affordable at $550/syringe and last about 6 months.

david hansen,md

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

Lip Augmentation: Juvederm or Restylane?

Lip Augmentation and enhancement of its Cupid's bow can be nicely done with either Juvederm or Restylane. They are both hyaluronic acid fillers and both are well integrated in the lip giving it a natural fullness. Juvederm will last longer than Restylane but comes in 0.8cc syringes as opposed to the 1cc of Restylane. The choice of WHICH one to use is up to you.

Dr. Peter Aldea

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Lip Augmentation with Restylane Silk

Since its recent FDA approval, Restylane Silk has proven to  provide beautiful lip fullness and a  smooth, natural correction of lip lines.  Some prefer Juvederm Ultra XC that has successfully given good results over time  as well.  Both fillers refresh thin lips and provide a gentle enhancement that last and contain Lidocaine to minimize discomfort.
#smoothlips   #Restylanelips #Juvedermlips

3991 MacArthur Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Smoother Lips with Restylane Silk

Since Restylane Silk was more recently FDA-approved for the correction of lip lines and enhancing lip volume, it has become a  filler of choice !  Much like Juvederm Ultra XC that has proven to give great results as well,  Restylane Silk and Restylane can revitalize thin, wrinkled lip lines!  Both can offer a natural, comfortable enhancement by an expert injector. 

#Restylanefillslips  # smoothlips

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we prefer to use Juvederm for lip augmentation because it is a slightly thinner hyaluronic acid product than Restylane. Thinner products tend to be smoother and less lumpy than thicker products, making them a better choice for more delicate areas like the lips. Juvederm Plus and Perlane are even thicker forms of hyaluronic acid and we rarely use them for lip enhancement.

Steven H. Williams, MD

4000 Dublin Blvd
Dublin, CA 94568

Juvederm amd Restylane fro lip augmentation

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers, and either can be used in lip augmentation.  Both are capable of giving a nice, smooth result.  Juvederm Ultra Plus will last somewhat longer, due to greater crosslinking of the hyaluronic acid molecule, but it is a little more expensive.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

2581 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124

Juvaderm fills lip lines better than Restylane

Juvaderm fills lip lines better than Restylane. While both are excellent for plumping the lips in my experience Juvaderm is a better product for filling lip lines.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

2350 Ravine Way
Glenview, IL 60025

Juvederm and Restylane for Lip Enhancement

In my practice, I use both Juvederm and Restylane for lip enhancement.  Both products contain the same material- hyaluronic acid, a naturally occuring substance in your body.  Juvederm has more crosslinking (which means it lasts slightly longer) but comes only in 0.8 cc in comparison to Restylane's 1.0cc.  Juvederm has a composition that is more like a viscous gel rather than Restylane's particles.  As a result, Juvederm tends to be a softer product while Restylane tends to pump more.   So for my patients who desire more volume, I use Restylane.  For my patients who want a more natural soft look, I use Juvederm. 

But more important than choosing a product is choosing the right physician.  An experienced physician will get great results with either Juvederm and Restylane!

Best of Luck!

-Dr. Margaret Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106

Restylane vs Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

Both Juvederm and Restylane are safe and satisfactory options for lip augmentation with artificial filler.  My suggestion is to go with Juvederm Ultra Plus for lip augmentation.  The Juvederm Ultra Plus is a more viscous gel than Restylane, which allow a more lasting augmentation over time.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

University Doctors Pavilion 42 E. Laurel Road
Stratford, NJ 08084

Juvederm or Restylane for lip augmentation

Juvederm is a better filler for the lips - especially Juvederm Ultra Plus. It lasts much longer and adds more volume. It also has fewer issues with lumps.

Gary D. Breslow, MD, FACS
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

One West Ridgewood Avenue
Paramus, NJ 07652