Juvederm: No Results After 3 Days?

Hi, I had Juvederm injected yesterday in 3 area's: the horizontal lines on the nose bridge, corners of my mounth and in few lines on chin. From what the dermatologist told me I gathered results would become visible later. But now I read on the internet results should be immediate. When I look in the mirror at the areas, I don't see any difference whatsoever (except for red dots from needle and a bruise)... Is it normal to not see any difference after one day? How long should I wait?

Post Juvederm Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, are very natural  fillers that help to fill in lines and creases and may be used for volume loss. Your final effect is based on several factors including your skin type, number of syringes used, location of injection, etc. I would recommend waiting about 2 weeks for the final effect,  and then get evaluated by your injector.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and  for the safest and most effective treatments.   I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Immediate Juvederm Results

+1

You should see results immediately after juvederm injections. If anything the injections cause some swelling, so the results immediately after injection will go down a little once the swelling has gone down. The best way to determine if the injections had the desired effect is to compare before and after pictures. Do so one to two weeks after the injections. If you are still unsatisfied with the results, more juvederm can be injected in the same areas.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Juvederm Results

+1
You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas. Most patients need one injectable dermal filler treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing and improve skin volume. However, results from injectable dermal fillers may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental “touch up” treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal correction of your wrinkles and folds. I would suggest going to the doctor who performed the treatment and sharing your concerns about the results with them. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Improvement after Juvederm

+1

Generally speaking you should see much of the improvement instantly, although there can be continued improvement over the following 2 weeks as bruising/swelling subside and the filler begins to bind water. Sometimes we forget our starting point, so photos can be really helpful in this regard. If you still have concerns after 2 weeks, return to your injecting physician as you may have had an insufficient quantity of juvederm injected. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

When to expect Juvederm Results

+1

Usually the results show immediately, but do improve as the product hydrates in the next few hours. That said, two things are worth mentioning...

1.  1 syringe is 1/5TH of a teaspoon of product, so if 3 areas were treated with 1 syringe, it may not have been enough.

2. Juvederm is injected under the skin so creases on the very surface are etched in and may take time to stretch out and soften in appearance.

A follow up visit for a touch up might be worth while for optimal results!  

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm results are usually seen right at the time of treatment and it may take 1-2 more weeks to mold.  Best to see the doctor who did the injection for follow-up and compare pre and post-procedure photos, which hopefully were taken.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm results take time

+1

Juvederm results are usually immediately apparent, but it doesn't look its best immediately.  I always offer my patients a one month follow-up.  It absorbs water so it can take time to see the full effect.  Please ask the doctor who did your injection.  The other option is that they didn't put in enough to see the difference. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Juvederm results

+1

Dear Nina,

-Ideally, you want to wait about 2 weeks for final results

-Juvederm will absorb some water to plump up a little bit over this time 

-Take after pictures and compare them to the before ones, your results may be more apparent

-Just be a little patient, if things are not to your satisfaction after 2 weeks, bring it up to your dermatologist

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD