What is recommended for my lips to get the full look that I want Juvederm or Restylane? (photos)

Hi ! I am considering juvederm or restylane fillers for my lips ? My friend is telling me I already have full lips and this will give me a very unnatural look Is this true ? Also what is recommended for me based on my photo juvederm or restylane ? Thank you !!

What is recommended for my lips to get the full look that I want Juvederm or Restylane

+2
You do have full lips, but adding a bit of filler can give you a pouty, sexy look.  Restylane or Juvederm Ultra will work for you.  See someone who performs a lot of lip fillers so you don't get that huge, unnatural look.

Restylane injections for full lips

+2
In my opinion you should only use Restylane in the lips and not Juvederm.  Next

Your lips look very full and natural at the present time, personally I would recommend not having fillers.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What is recommended for my lips to get the full look that I want Juvederm or Restylane?

+2
If you really desire these fuller lips than I would use restylane since it is a shorter lasting hA filler. Just in case you do not like the appearance. I might also ONLY do a small amount to see if you like the smaller enhancement first.... 

Juvederm or Restylane for fuller lips

+2
I recommend that you listen to your friend and  not add to the fulness of your lips at this time.

I would wait 6-10 months and then carefully have only or mostly the lower lip reinjected, so as  to achieve
the"Golden Ratio"  where thw lower lip should be 1.618 thicker than the upper lip.

That said, both Restylane and Juvederm are excellent lip fillers.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lip augmentation

+2
I prefer the longer lasting products like Juvederm ultraplus or Perlane for the lips.  I think that they both can give nice results.

Fillers for lip augmentation

+2
Honestly, your lips are full enough and filler may leave you with too much of a good thing.  I would recommend that you first head to the makeup counter and learn from an expert how best to achieve the appearance of fuller lips through contouring.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Fillers for lip augmentation

+2
Both  Restylane and Juvederm can be used successfully for lip augmentation. Restylane is actually the first filler FDA approved for this indication. Having said that, I have to mention that your lips are pretty full and making them bigger may indeed give you unnatural result. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

My answer to which #filler is best for #lips #juvederm or#restylane

+2
Dear Labella
cosmetic procedures should whisper not shout.  That being said your desire to inject your lips to the look more like the photos you have posted is a personal decision. Some basic things you should be aware of when having lips injected 
restylane and juvederm are both excellent choices for lip augmentation 
juvederm can result in a fuller appearance due to the hydrophilic properties. I have used both with great success and with excellent satisfaction. It truly is personal choice and typically for the lips either one is good. 
Swelling is something that will be definitely be an issue with lip injections. I have found that lip injections with disposable flexible cannulas have significantly reduced swelling and lumpiness. I believe icing before and after injections will reduce likelihood of bruising and swelling as well. (Cannula
injection technique has reduced bruising to almost 1% of the time.  Also satay away from anything that thins the blood for two weeks prior such as aspirin, Advil, green tea, vit E, ginger, garlic, glucosamine. All of these have caused unwanted bruising.  Proportions of the lips are very important. Your lower lip should be larger than your upper lip. Looking at your photo it appears that your upper lip is slightly larger than your lower lip. If I were injecting your lips I would inject more into your lower lip and very little into your upper lip. This would restore the 1/3 to 2/3 proportions that is typically seen in nature. Also when injecting I would stay away from vermillion border of lip and inject closer to the wet dry line (more in the center of the lip). This will reduce the chance of getting duck lips or the unnatural look you fear. 
Injector aesthetic is very important. Your injector should be able to judge what is acceptable for your face. It's always better to err on the side of conservative with these procedures. You can always put more filler in later if you so desire. Best of luck 
Dr M

Manolis Manolakakis, DMD
Middletown Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

+1
Juvederm XC would give you a great result, its safe but not permanent, typically the results will last 8-12 months

+1
In general, I like to use Juvederm for the lips for the following reasons:

1) It is very soft
2) It yields a great looking and natural result 

I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced physician. A plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist would be a good option. After seeing you in person, he or she will be able to assess your needs and make a recommendation. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD