How to Shorten Distance Between Nose and Upper Lip?

Dear Dr, What is the best suggestion to shorten the distance of upper lip to the bottom of the nose? however I do not like to have gummy smile if upper lip moves upward. in my gum surgery they cut the frenulum as well. can my falling upper lip and long distance happened as a result of lacking in it? 2-What is the best to make my lips fuller as well? 3-Can it be done with my nose surgery? 4-what will be the cost except nose surgery ? yours

Another approach

+1
Another approach described is to excise skin above the vermillion border of the lip.  This can help evert the lip to have more red mucosal show and have a nicer ratio of upper lip skin to lip mucosa.  It does involve a scar at the margin of the lip red mucosa that will require 2 weeks to heal.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Elongated upper lip

+1

The best solution to your problem is a lip shortening with an incision under the nose.The scar is imperceptible after a healing period of 6 to 8 weeks.  That will give you some incisor tooth show with gentle parting of your lips without showing your gums.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD