How Do Juvederm and Restylane Compare, Safety-wise?

Juvederm vs Restylane, a bit like Coke vs Pepsi

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers, a gel based material that is the main constituent to the second layer of your skin, the dermis.  Both products are FDA-approved for the treatment of nasolabial folds and have comparable safety and duration profiles.  Which product is used depends on the area to be treated, patient, and physician preference.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm vs. Restylane - Are they safe?

+1

As per the general concensus of the panel board, we too, agree that both products are comparable in safety and efficacy.  

Choosing the correct amount of product for the treatment plan, combined with technique and skill, will lend to a a nice outcome.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Both equally safe

+1

Both juvederm and restylane are equally safe, they are both hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers so you should feel comfortable with either.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Juvederm safety is like Chevy and Ford safety--it's all in the driver!

+1

They are both HA fillers made to high standards by good companies. Both are FDA-approved. Both do the intended job and last equally long.

The experience and artistry of the injector is the key, not the choice of product! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm vs Restylane (safety-wise)

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane have about the same safety profile.  Both are similar products which consist of hyaluronic acid.  The most common risks are bruising, redness, and swelling of the skin.  Rarely, more serious complications can occur which require immediate evaluation by your provider.

Kristel D. Polder, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane vs. Juvederm

+1

Both are great fillers...  Both are safe...  Both are FDA approved... Experienced injectors make the difference in your results...

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Restylane vs Juvederm

+1

I have used both extensively but personally prefer Restylane because I found in many patients that Juvederm caused more swelling than expected.  That is just anecdotal though and not based on a scientific study.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Juvederm and Restylane are equally safe hyaluronic acid injectable gels.

+1

In my opinion, not only are Juvederm (which is technically Juvederm Ultra) and Restylane equally safe, they are also equally effective, and equally long-lasting. Physicians tend to have preferences based on various issues, but if your physician gets good results with the one she is comfortable using, either is fine. I believe it is a myth that one is better or worse for certain areas. You are better off with whichever the physician is more comfortable using. Differences and problems tend to be related to the injector, not the material.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Choosing between Restylane and Juvederm Ultra

+1

Hello ~

Both Juvederm Ultra and Restylane fall in the hyaluronic acid category. Their efficacies are very similar and they are essentially used interchangeably.  Many physicians, including myself, have a preference of one over the other.  More important than the product is the skill level of your injecting clinician.  When considering undergoing injectable filler treatments, always seek a qualified and experienced medical professional.

Kindest Regards ~

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

How does Juvederm compare to Restylane safety wise?

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are safe and effective soft tissue fillers and you should do fine with either one.  There is some talk about one creating more swelling than the other but frankly, I'm not convinced.