Is Juvederm Recommended for a 73 Year Old?

I had one injection of Radiesse with minimal non-lasting results.Is Juvederm More Effective Than Radiesse? I have minimal wrinkles.

Juvederm is recommended for an 73 old!

+1

Nevertheless you should have an evaluation by a specialist. Maybe a laser treatment or a combiantion of treatment may be more helpful.

Best regards, 

Dr. Robert Kasten 

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers in a 73 year old

+1

I use fillers all the time in patients over 65.  Although many would be better off combining it with surgery, some are not medically fit to undergo surgery.

Juvederm Recommended for a 73 Year Old

+1

In my opinion Radiesse lasts much longer than Juvederm. So be very careful if you believe the opposite, you may be very disappointed. Selphyl the PRFM regenerating filler from your own blood seems to be the best at this point. From MIAMI regards

Radiesse and other Fillers are NO Substitute for Surgery

+1
You have not attached a photograph to illustrate your source of concern. But I an guessing that your frustration may lay in the common wide held assumption that Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm and other fillers are a cheaper and non-surgical alternative and substitute to surgery. They are not. Radiesse is a long lasting (over a year) wrinkle smoother which like Perlane in injected in the deeper skin layers. The fact that it failed to produce YOUR desired results may mean : 1. It was poorly injected 2. Not enough of it was injected 3. 1 plus 2 OR 4. It was poorly chosen for YOUR aging issue. Fillers like Radiesse FILL. They do NOT lift wide areas of loose and sagging skin. If you thought or were led to think that Radiesse is a substitute for a Facelift, you are mistaken. While minor areas of wrinkles and folds are not necessarily an indication for a Facelift and COULD be improved with fat grafting or fillers, it is equally true that extreme cases of facial volume loss with skin excess may benefit MORE from a Facelift procedure supplemented with fat grafting than by only fillers (like the "liquid facelift"). Dr. Peter Aldea

Unfortunately, Juvederm is not more effective the Radiesse

+1

While Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid fillers are great choices for certain problems such as fine lines and the hollows under the eyes, it unfortunately is not more effective and in fact Radiesse tends to last a bit longer.  The most common reason for experiencing "minimal non-lasting results" is use of too little product in the initial treatment session.  Perhaps 2 or 3 syringes of Radiesse would have gotten you the results you were looking for.  If you're wanting the longest lasting option, then ask your physician about Sculptra, but be prepared to wait to see results, as improvements are not immediate.

Kathryn R. Shrift, MD (retired)
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm is not more effective than Radiesse

+1

Typically Juvederm or Restylane are used for somewhat finer lines than Radiesse, although moderately deep smile folds can be treated with any of these. The very fine smile creases would not be injected by Radiesse and the deeper folds are treated with Perlane, Juvederm UltraPlus or Radiesse. Often the reason a result is not achieved is that more product was needed. You may simply need more Radiesse. These fillers, Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane have clinically lasted for about one year in many of my patients.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Is Juvederm recommended for a 73 year old

+1

There is no age limitation on the use of Juvederm for wrinkle correction.

In the choice of dermal fillers between Juvederm and Radiesse,  Radiesse has been proven in studies to be more effective and longer lasting than two hyaluronic acid fillers.  However, it does depend on where in the skin and how much of the Radiesse was injected. If the injected volume was too small, the correction would be minimal.  The success of any cosmetic procedure depends both on the patient factors and the correct performance of the procedure.

If this was your first experience with a filler, I don't see a contraindication to a Juvederm injection to see if you have better results.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It depends on the wrinkle and the 73 yo old.

+1

The poor longevity with Radiesse bodes poorly for all other fillers for you. Radiesse is more robust and stiff, so it is usually excellent for giving even older skin lift and volume. Radiesse is a poor choice for the fine lipstick lines and the lips themselves. I have used Juvederm in even over 80 year olds with good skin texture to improve those finer lipstick lines and re-volumiize the lips. Juvederm can be used anywhere safely, but it takes more of it to give the lift Radiesse usually gives.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Juvederm and age

+1

At your age, you may be trying to correct something with fillers, that might be better addressed with surgery.  All fillers, simply fill........  Some last longer than others and have some slight variables, but you need to be examined by a plastic surgeon who can review the full complement of options to achieve your goals.

Darrick E. Antell, MD