Juvederm over Radiesse

I had a non surgical nose job done with Radiesse and am unhappy with the results. If I had Juvederm (hylauronic acid) injected to even out the nose would it hurt the absorption rate of the Radiesse (calcium hydroxyapatite) ? (I don't want any more Radiesse, so it can dissolve and I can get a proper rhinoplasty done.)

Juvederm and Radiesse in the nose

+1

If you are unhappy because you feel enough Radiesse has not been placed, putting more filler may help improve this.  Mixing fillers is fine as long as it is placed in the right level of the skin but be mindful that different fillers will dissolve at different rates and may leave you with an uneven appearance in a few months.  Ideally, allow the filler to dissolve before attempting more injections.  As far as superiority, we've used both fillers with great success in the nose.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm after Radiesse to the nose

+1

Juvederm can be injected over, or in conjunction with Radiesse, without either of the two products interacting and without the Juvederm extending the life of the Radiesse.  That being said, you may want to consider not 'chasing' one product or procedure you are unhappy with with yet another procedure. (though at least Juvederm is dissolvable if you don't like it)  You'll want to have all of the product(s) gone before you consult about a surgical correction so the surgeon has the most accurate picture possible of your nose and what your wishes are.  If you do choose to do the Juvederm in the interim, choose a provider that has a lot of experience working with fillers to the nose.

Take care,

Good luck

Dr. Grant Stevens       

Grant Stevens, MD

Rhinoplasty and fillers

+1

Fillers are very tricky in the nose area, they may be injected too superficially and may cause irreversible changes to the skin, which complicates a rhinoplasty procedure.

Furthermore, the rate of absorption in the nose is much slower than in other parts, such as the nasolabial folds.

I would opt to wait until all the filler has disappeared, and would certainly not get any more injected.

Seek a rhinoplasty specialist in your area when deciding on your surgery to maximize your outcome.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not add insult to injury

+1

I strongly recommend that you let the Radiesse resorb before doing anything else.  Whether you are unhappy with the results of the Radiesse injections into your nose because the injection techniques used were suboptimal, because it was not the best choice of filler to address your concern, or because the problem needs more than just fillers to solve, I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon experienced in performing rhinoplasty to determine whether your concerns may be better addressed by using a different injection technique, a different injectable material, or if the problems are best addressed by a formal rhinoplasty (nose job).

Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS

Juvaderm can be used with Radiesse

+1

Juvaderm can be used with Radiesse. Radiesse is calcium hydroxyl appetitie and Juvaderm is hyaluronic acid so they will be absorbed at different rates.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Radiesse Nose Job?

+1

Hi Phoenix.  We would not do anything except wait for the Radiesse to go away before considering the surgical procedure.  

Even if you did have the Juvederm injected, you may not be happy with that correction and it will not succeed in speeding up the dissipation of the Radiesse.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Unhappy with filler for nose and now considering a rhinoplasty nose job

+1

Not all patients who are unhappy with their nose can benefit by a filler instead of a rhinoplasty, and there may be an issue with technique and an aesthetic sense that varies from physician to physician. If you are considering a rhinoplasty and might be happy with the long term improvement this offers, I would strongly suggest you allowing the Radiesse to dissipate over the year after it was injected and then seek consultation with a plastic or ENT facial plastic surgeon for a rhinoplasty. If you are so terribly unhappy with the appearance now, then you should seek consultation with a plastic surgeon before adding more filler. Granted they may not be able to accurately determine what you need because of the Radiesse changing your structure, but let them tell you if you can add more filler by using Restylane or Juvederm.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bad non-surgical nose job--what to do now!

+1

You have decided that rhinoplasty is now the preferred approach, rather than injectable fillers in your nose. That doesn't mean that fillers in the nose are inherently BAD, but it does mean that if it was bad for you, I wouldn't add another filler "in the meantime." You need to allow the Radiesse to completely absorb and resist the urge to "make things better" with another filler, steroid injection, or any other type of intervention.

Be patient and let this settle while you use the time to research a proper, experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who is an expert in rhinoplasty. BTW, there is no peer-reviewed literature that supports any kind of treatment to "enhance " reabsorption of Radiesse. All that will occur is enhanced removal of dollars from your wallet!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm over Radiesse

+1

I have had success in increasing the breakdown rate of radiesse in a patient referred to me folllowing the improper injection of radiesse in lower lids.   Warm sterile saline injected followed by fractional non ablative laser has drastically reduced the appearance.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Juvederm first would have been better.

+1

Juvederm and Restylane can be totally dissolved so if you do not like the result, it can be reversed quickly. Radiesse lasts a long time and that can be good if you like the outcome, but bad if you do not. I would not chase good money after bad. The Radiesse will go away over 6-12 months. Hang in there.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist