How Effective is Radiesse on Smile Lines?

Hello. At 38, I've had Juvederm once and really liked the results on smile lines. I did bruise, but it went away after three days.

I would love to get a doctor's thoughts on Radiesse for this area. I understand it costs a bit more but lasts much longer. Thanks so much for your time.

Radiesse for smile lines

+1

Radiesse and Juvederm are both great fillers for the nasolabial fold smile lines. Both can give smooth, natural-appearing results when injected with good technique and at the appropriate depth (Radiesse often is injected deeper than Juvederm). You would bruise with Radiesse as well, possibly a bit more, but of course bruising resolves after 7-10 days and can be covered up with makeup. Radiesse generally does last longer than Juvederm. Both are excellent products.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Radiesse is an excellent choice for deeper smile lines

+1

Thanks for your question.

Juvederm Ultra / Plus, Restylane, Perlane, Evolence, and Radiesse are great choices for smile lines and your choice of which is best depends on how deep your lines are, your budget, and the desired results. Juvederm and Restylane / Perlane are good choices, but last approximately 6-8 months for smile lines. Evolence may last slightly longer. Radiesse will last longer than any of these, and is usually effective for up to 15 months.

Radiesse is a more sturdy filler and will stimulate long lasting collagen over time in that area. It is optimal for deeper lines and deeper volume loss correction, so deeper smile lines is an excellent area for Radiesse. It is slightly more expensive, but you do get more quantity per syringe and it does last longer. The side effects of Radiesse include some possible clumpiness, but if injected in the right plane and correctly, the side effects are very minimal. It is made out of calcium, so it is a chalkier substance and it will show up on an x-ray. Some people like to know that.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist