Dental Work After Juvederm in Lips?

I Had Juvederm Put in my Lips a Week Ago.Now I Have Some Dental Work That Needs Too Be Done,about 2hours.Any Concerns to Have?

Dental work after Juvederm

+1

Thanks for the question.

At a week out from Juvederm injections to your lips, you should be safe to proceed with dental work without concern that it will manipulate the product. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Dental Work After Juvederm

+1

Hi,

This is a great question that I get asked from time to time.  By this time, the Juvederm is well incorporated into the areas of lip augmentation.  It is unlikely that it would shift from any dental procedure.  If you are going to have a procedure that involves your mouth being stretched open for several hours and are worried, postpone your procedure for another week to be on the safe side.

Best for the New Year!

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I don’t think there is a problem with having Juvederm in the lips and doing dental work two weeks later

+1

I don’t think there is a problem with having Juvederm in the lips and doing dental work two weeks later. But, I would probably not do it within less than 2 weeks. I would also warn the dentist to be gentle with the lips. But, by two weeks you should be fine. It’s the first week that we tell people to be careful with Juvederm.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lips after juvaderm and dental work

+1

There really shouldn't be any concern unless there is a lot of stretching on the mouth.Probably waiting a few weeks would be better but if you have an abscess or something like that it can't wait.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm well incorporated into the tissue at one week

+1

Rest assured, one week after Juvederm injection, you may have dental work without any issues to the filler.  At one week, the hyaluronic acid filler is well incorporated into the surrounding tissue in the dermis.  Once this occurs, there is very little risk of migration of the product.  Therefore, dental work will not cause the material to move.

Dr. Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and dental work

+1

By a week, the Juvederm will be well incorporated and won't move around.  So don't worry - the dental work won't hurt your Juvederm result!

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Dental work 1 week after Juvederm is no problem.

+1

After 3 days, Juvederm or Restylane (any HA filler) is integrated into the tissues where it is injected. Most patients will note some minor degree of swelling after filler injection, partially due to the actual needle stick(s) into the tissue, partially due to fluid absorption into the HA. Though bruising is rare, it is possible, and when it occurs, it may take a few more days to reabsorb the tiny bruises. By one week, everything is pretty well settled, and dental work will not be likely to dislodge or remodel the filler in any way.

Of course, if you could easily reschedule your dental work for even another week later, that would reduce your concerns even further.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and dnetal work

+1

having dental work even one week after Juvederm should not be an issue. By then the Juvederm should be well integrated with the surrounding tissues.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dental work and lip augmentation

+1

If you had a filler such as juvederm or perlane injected into your lips and now two weeks later have to go in for dental work, it should be no problem.