How Can I Prolong Juvederm Effects?

I have had the Juvederm done twice by two different doctors. I love the way my face looks for the first three weeks. But both times by week four, my face has lost 90% of the Juvederm.

I work out a lot. And I train much harder than the average person-like a pro athelete. I also get B-12 injections twice a month and take many supplements. Can this be effecting it?

I do not want to stop working out (my body looks like I am 22 ). I do not want to spend $500 a month to look good and I do love the way it looks. Can anyone give me an answer? What can I do to prolong the effects?

Try another filler

+1

Is it Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus? The latter is designed for slightly deeper folds and may last slightly longer. You might try a different company’s hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Perlane, depending on the depth of your crease.

There are other fillers such as Evolence that may last longer. This is not a hyaluronic acid but a collagen derived from pigs but purified in the lab. No skin test is needed. Radiesse is a laboratory synthesized precursor to bone, a chemical that we have in our bodies, and is used for moderately deep folds. It may last longer than the Juvederm.

Ask your doctors about these other possibilities and they can tell you if you are a candidate.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Try Radiesse

+1

If Juvederm is not lasting long enough, you may want to try Radiesse. Radiesse lasts longer and produces great results. In my practice I use a combination of Juvederm, Radiesse and Evolence and find that different products work better in different people. Try different products and see which one works best for you. An alternative would also be fat grafting. Through a micro-liposuction technique, the fat cells can be harvested from your abdomen or thigh and then injected into your cheeks, nasolabial creases and/or lips. In most people that fat last a long time, if not forever, and gives very natural-looking results. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Instead of Juvederm, try a different filler

+1

Keep up the exercise regimen but make sure you take your oral supplements. My suggestion would be to try a different filler, one from a different family. For instance, you might try Evolence.

This is a collagen based filler and supposedly lasts at least as long as Restylane, according to the studies. Our rep tells us that it may last quite a bit longer, but that is a rep talking, as nice as she is, rather than scientific data.

You might also try Radiesse since this is also not a hyaluronic filler. It lasts longer than the hyaluronic fillers.

Why is Juvederm not lasting? You may not have received enough. If you told your physician that you only wanted one syringe, that physician might have tried to spread the Juvederm out evenly, not giving adequate amounts to the desired areas.

Restylane is running a special in which you receive a $100 rebate. Maybe you are degrading it quickly. I had one patient who had a terrific result for a month and then it diminished, much like your complaint. She came back and I placed another syringe and she was very pleased. So you might think of doing that.

Just speculation here, no scientific basis, but maybe your vigorous exercise regimen might increase your metabolism, and this might effect your Juvederm. Just a thought.

Hopefully, this will work out for you since otherwise you seem like a pleased patient, and that is what this branch of medicine is all about.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm longevity

+1

Some individuals seem to be fast metabolizers of certain fillers. If the filler is going into the cheeks or nasolabial folds, consider trying Radiesse or a collagen-based filler such as Evolence. If the filler is going in the lips, you may wish to try Restylane. Juvederm incidentally comes in two forms - Ultra and Ultra Plus. The Ultra Plus is thicker and may last longer than the Ultra.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm longevity

+1

One thing that is usually associated with short duration filler longevity is not getting enough product injected in the first place. Some patients try to get too much from one syringe and it is spread too thin and the effect goes away too fast. Excessive motion and massage of the areas injected can also make it go away faster and this may be caused by your vigorous exercise regimen. You might try Restylane and in the right areas, Radiesse because these last longer in my experience.

Fillers

+1

Are you using juvederm ultra?  This doesn;t last as long as the ultra plus form.  You may also want to try a different filler like Perlane or even Radiesse.

Try other fillers

+1

You should consider a longer lasting filler. Fat grafting is a more lasting option and could be used in different facial areas. Radiesse would also be a good option for nasolabial folds.

Web reference: http://www.drseify.com/eyelids5.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.