What's Better to Use for Crow's Feet and Lines, Juvederm or Prevelle Silk?

Combination of Botox and fillers would work best

+2

Botox of course is far superior for crow's feet however it will not improve the actual wrinkles or lines.

So if the object is to relax the muscles as well as fill the lines then Botox and Fillers combination would work the best.

As to which filler to inject in the crows's feet area, Juvederm, and Prevelle would both work however prevelle will not last as long.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Dysport and Lasers for Eye Rejuvenation

+1

In most cases, Botox or Dysport will dramatically improve the fine lines around the eye area. If someone desires more improvement, we have found good, consistent outcomes using the Erbium MicroLaserPeel. More often than not, these modalities are far more effective and appropriate for "crow's feet" versus the use of cosmetic dermal fillers. Find a practitioner that appreciates the value of combination treatments and is willing to tailor the treatment plan to meet your goals while involving you in the process.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Crow's feet lines

+1

The best thing to use for crow's feet is Botox. This will deactivate the muscles of animation in this are which are part of the orbicularis oculi complex.  FIllers will not work to well.

Botox not filler

+1

Crow's feet are lines around the outside of the eyes created by relation of the orbiculares occuli which closes the eyes, and aging of the skin. Unless the lines are very deep and have been apparent for many years they are best treated by Botox injections. I use 25 units around the lateral aspect of each eye.

Occasionally lines get so deep that Botox alone will not solve the problem. In this case Botox plus a filler such as Juvederm or any of the hyaluronic acid fillers usually solves the problem. After this only surgery will help.,

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Fillers not first choice for crows feet

+1

Crows feet always have a dynamic component, meaning they are more apparent when the muscle around the eye tightens and causes wrinkles in the overlying skin. For this reason, I would also recommend Botox, or now Dysport, as the primary treatment for crows feet since these treatments reduce the muscle movement.

However, there may also be a static component, meaning that wrinkles may be present even at rest. Static wrinkles can be treated with lasers, chemical peels, or very careful placement of fillers. Fillers need to be injected carefully in this area because there is a fairly high risk that a filler will leave a visible line or bump in this area because the skin is delicate. Either Prevelle Silk or Juvederm Ultra (not Ultra Plus) would be appropriate choices. I would choose the product that your practitioner feels most confident using in this area.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and laser best in this area

+1

If filler is the only option, I prefer Prevelle Silk in this location, since it is less viscous and therefore less likely to lump. Cosmoderm is also a better alternative. The trade off here is that these less viscous fillers have poor duration: often less that 3 months.

Botox and Dysport are real winners here, if you are not over 60. If you are, fractional CO2 using Active FX, especially after Botox or Dysport , is the true home run for long lasting improvement of these fine lines.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

The best filler is the finest filler. My favorite treatment for the crows feet is botox

+1

I like Botox better than fillers in this area.  However, of the two fillers juvaderm and Prevelle silk, I would use Prevelle silk.  You have to be careful to thread the filler very finely or you will get linear ridges.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Crow's feet

+1

Neither! The best and most widely used product for crow's feet is Botox. If there are associated deep lines in the area, one of the fillers you mentioned (or any hyaluronic acid filler) can be used in addition to Botox. I typically use Botox first in this area and then have the patient return in a week to evaluate the results. If additional lines persist and the patient wants more of an "ironed out" look, then I use one of the hyaluronic acid fillers. Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD