Clarification on Juvederm Before Pregnancy?

Hi there. I had 1syringe of Juvederm injected this week. I am not pregnant at the moment, but am going to start trying. Both my OB and my Dermatologist said it was safe because it was pre-pregnancy, but I have read conflicting opinions on this site. Can anyone help clarify? Many thanks.

Fillers before pregnancy

+2

It probably is not a problem but there are no studies that I know of that discuss fillers and pregnancy.

Not a problem

+1

If you inject Juvederm before getting pregnant, and still have the material in your body during pregnancy, it is not a problem. I wouldn't give injections to someone who was already pregnant but if you have it before getting pregnant, you're fine.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon