I Got Juvederm to Plump Lips and It Lasted Less then a Week?

Why would it last less then 7 days? Was my surgeon not as aggressive as he should have been or is it possible I just absorbed it that fast? I'm tempted to try again but at $800 a pop I'm kinda apprehensive.

Juvederm in lips

+2

Commonly with injection of filler into the lips, the lips get very swollen initially and patients think that is the result from the filler. After about a week and sometimes longer, the swelling comes down. The lip is still fuller but not like it was initially. If you like a fuller look, then you need more filler.

Filler to lips 1 wk ago

+1

Swelling most likely gave you more volume in the first week. If you want more volume after it has gone down, then I recommend additional product. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be happy to help. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Initial swelling with filler

+1

The first week or two after an injection, lips can look fuller than their final result due to swelling from the procedure. If, after the swelling reduces, you still desire more enhancement, I would recommend returning for more product. Best of luck!

Juvederm for lips lasted less than a week?

+1

It is likely that what you initially noticed was swelling, and you may benefit from more product. The Juvederm should last 6-7 months on average. I would recommend following up with your provider and discussing your concern with him or her. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

I Got Juvederm to Plump Lips and It Lasted Less then a Week

+1

Most people experience swelling after lip injections and some people really like this look. But it's the swelling! The filler is still there, but if you want your lips as plumped as they were the first days after the filler, you simply need more filler put in to accomplish this.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

What to expect after a Juvederm lip augmentation

+1

You certainly need to follow up with your injector to assess your results, which should include a review of your pre and post-injection photographs.  There is always some swelling after a lip injection, and this can range from mild to severe.  I always use cannulas for my injections which helps to minimize the swelling, but there is always some. Using Arnica montana and Icing for 24-48 hours after injections will help minimize swelling.

Juvederm usually lasts 6-12 months in the lips, depending on your individual metabolism.  You couldn't really have absorbed the product that fast...I suspect you the "results" you saw in the first week was mostly swelling from the injection.  I usually have patients like you follow up after two weeks for evaluation of results.  Looking at your photographs is often a pleasant surprise (i.e. you may not realize how different your lips look).  One syringe of Juvederm will usually give noticible results, but especially if you had naturally thin lips, a second syringe can still be used with natural looking results.  

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm result lasted only one week?

+1

This does sound very unusual that your injection of Juvederm would last less than one week.   I would find out how much was injected and compare pre and post injection photographs.  Most of the time injections to this area should last 6 - 9 months.  

Juvederm for Lip Enhabcement

+1

There are several factors that dictate how long an absorbable filler will last, one of which is the treatment area. There is quite a bit of motion in and around the lips, and I have found it goes away faster here than in other parts of the face, possibly for this reason. It should certainly last longer than one week. Generally, it can last anywhere from 2-6 months depending on the individual.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Juvederm in Lips Last?

+1

Hi Sierra.  Juvederm in the lips should last at least 3-6 months.  If it appears gone after a week then you likely did not have anough product injected.  We have heard this before once swelling goes down.  Before and after pictures area good way to gauge progress if your injector took them and we always bring new patients back 2 weeks after the first injection for a checkup.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Initial swelling of Juvederm injection dissipates in a few days

+1
  • When a hyaluronic product like Juvederm  is injected into the lip, it usually causes considerable swelling that will dissipate in a few days.  Your initial result was exaggerated by the swelling and now that has come down.  I suggest going back to the treating physician and having your pre and post photos matched to see the result of your Juvederm injection. From there you can decide if another treatment is warranted.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon